PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard Tower options

selle92
06-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Looking to purchase a tower- probably for next yr, but doing research now.- pending anything new comes out before now and then.

Appears NewDimensions has one for older supras (mines a '91 Mariah).
I like the up design, but don't like the 3 different spots you have to do for the mounting. Also dislike that it folds down forward. WTF?
Does the one design they have on the new 21 launch work for older boats?- the one with only 2 mounts per side?- does that also fold up towards the front??

Seems the Monster tower is the best bang for the buck and looks pretty good. Like the fact it fold down to the rear as well.. probalby top on my list so far.

any others out there that people are finding they like? I've seen a few others but not on older boats. Sklyon swoops, etc...

Looking for some style, and not just a plain jane monkey bar straight up one, yet something that will collapse to the rear.

suggestions. comments. input on what you have.. likes/dislikes?

Juice75
06-07-2005, 03:36 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about Monster Towers. They're simple, solid, and probably the cheapest good tower you can get.

Here's a post with a 90 Sunsport with a Monster. They're supposed to be fairly easy to install, and Monster has a rep for having the best service department around. This is definitely what's going on my boat when I save up a little cash.

http://www.supraboats.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=500

selle92
06-07-2005, 03:46 PM
very cool.- thanks for the link!

I saw a few pics on the Monstertower site in the gallery as well. This is the same color as my Mariah so it give a great mental image of what my boat will look like if I go with this.
I don't have the bimi top, but still... looks great.

A buddy of mine had a Monster tower on his Mariah, and said nothing but good things about it as well. I couldn't picture how he had his mounted though. THe one picture I saw on the MT website showed it mounted a bit further back.... this is about where my buddy did his from his description.(a bit more forward).

I wish I could see more in the gallery with speakers and towers on a supra.. seems all of them are just the basic tower. but figure the cost is something to be worked up.

Thanks again for the link.

Juice75
06-07-2005, 04:04 PM
No problem. Here's a link that shows SupraNut's full install. He even made a PDF install guide that's listed on that site. He's on this board, too. So I bet he'd be happy to give you some advice.

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=19299&highlight=monster+install

selle92
06-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Great info. Thanks again!

SupraNut
06-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Hey Gang! I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have regarding the Monster Tower. It has met my needs, fold easily and looks good too!

selle92
06-08-2005, 01:18 PM
Thanks.

saw the pics on MT.com as well as your little writeup. Great stuff!

Will be looking more into a MT down the road. Just bought a house on the lake last fall, had a baby, and just bought the boat. Money's slightly tight right now. haha.

but will be getting a tower sooner rather than later.

Joe

bsuper
06-15-2005, 01:03 AM
We are totally happy with our black monster tower on 1991 Sunsport. Looks better than any tower I've seen to date and was 4hr. easy job to install. Can get quick release options for easier folding as well. We get many compliments on the tower and tech support was unbeatable.