PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Supra 24V Starting Problems

h00kem
11-27-2011, 11:10 AM
Started my 24V yesterday. It ran for about 3 minutes then puttered off like it was out of gas. Put fresh gas in. Now it cranks as normal but will not start. Acts like it isn't getting any gas. My "guess" is that the problem is either the fuel pump or fuel filter but I wanted to check for other opinions before I start replacing parts. Again, engine cranks well but doesn't act like it even wants to think about starting. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Jetlink
11-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Some fuel systems on boats are set up that once the system has been run dry, you must prime the system. We had rented a boat for our big family vacation this past year and found out the hard way that the sending unit for the gas guage was bad. No matter how much gas you put in the tank, it had to go back to the marina and have the techs prime the pump. It sounds like you might have the same problem.

h00kem
11-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Thanks Jetlink. I noticed on the Inmar site that they have a recommended procedure for priming the pump...5-8 turns of the switch to On position then try to start. I guess I'll give that a go first.