PDA

View Full Version : New storage doors?

EXCAVATOR
11-27-2011, 12:09 PM
I have a 1989 Mariah, she has the wood trim inside, side steps, front step, rear storage on the dog house and two storage areas on the side of the consoles {on the way to play-pen}.. All of the other wood I have been able to remove, sand a re-finish every year. But the two storage doors and the trim have only had the front done due to them cracking in to pieces when I have tried to remove them.

I have seen a lot of pictures on here that those two doors are dark plastic, not wood.

Anyone know were I can find those.

Thanks Excavator

OUI
11-28-2011, 12:09 PM
You can buy plexiglass just about anywhere. Get some and make your own.

sybrmike
11-28-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm in the same boat (well same year at least - no pun intended). I've got a partial sheet of 1/4" smoked plexiglass waiting to make the storage doors and glove box lid. Check out the scrap bins at a local plastics supply house - you don't need much & prices are pretty cheap. Keep the protective paper on (or use masking tape) while you mask & cut with a jig/chop/skill saw & drill hinge holes. Round the edges and chamfer the holes with sandpaper & then hit the edges with a low flame from a propane torch to polish the cuts & help prevent stress cracks down the road.

EXCAVATOR
11-28-2011, 06:22 PM
That's what I'll do. Thanks

Blackntan90
11-30-2011, 06:36 PM
Thats strange, I have been hunting some resonable way to replace the plastic trim around my dark plexi doors. I would love to find some cheap teak(yeah, I know) or a close enough looking wood to make new frames to mount the doors to. It would tie it all together.