PDA

View Full Version : 88 sunsport floor

Helomech
12-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Has anyone ever replaced floor section under the cooler in their sunsport? Got some rot there and looking at it I think the cooler has to be eliminated. Just wanted some ideas! Thanks!

michael hunter
12-08-2011, 09:47 AM
You can use the search box [stringers] there are some threads on the subject. If you have rot there its probably in other places. Start by checking the engine mount bolts remove a few one at a time if they come out clean and dry that's a good sign . Another place to look is under the gas tank and rear seat poke around with a probe or drill a 1/8'' test hole in the lower side of the stringer.
The shavings should be dry and look like wood [Make sure you seal the holes back up].

lively
12-09-2011, 12:36 AM
use a chainsaw ! thats what i did lol

Helomech
12-14-2011, 07:56 PM
My floor is in good shape as the apears to have been replaced by the previous owner. The vooler drained through a hole in the floor which was covered by carpet. This is my trouble spot. Could use some advise on repairing with out having to remove the top of the boat.

Salty87
12-14-2011, 08:16 PM
there might be a way to remove the cooler mostly intact. when i had mine apart it looked like it was mostly caulk and some screws.

if not, you could use a hole saw. glass the plug back in place when you're done...or install the biggest ice chest led ever.