PDA

View Full Version : Special Wake Surf Swim Platform?

Sluggo
12-15-2011, 05:39 PM
Due to an issue with my buddies ability to judge distances I am replacing my swim platform over the winter. When quoted a replacement cost I was asked if I wanted to go with the original or the new Wake Surf platform that is supposed to be different and help produce a better surf wave. Does anyone have a pic of this platform? I was told it would use the existing brackets from my 2005 22 SSV. It costs $550 vs $450 for the original.

Thanks,

Dave

KG's Supra24
12-15-2011, 06:03 PM
http://diamondlakeswatersports.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/platforms.jpg?w=950

KG's Supra24
12-15-2011, 06:04 PM
The pic above is of the two platforms.

Are those prices with everything you need? rubrail, seadeck, etc?

Sluggo
12-15-2011, 06:51 PM
Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for. So does it really make that much of a difference? When did this come out?

I was a little off on the pricing and what I tried to compare was just fiberglass. Here is the complete pricing I recieved from Atlanta Marine today.

$573.29 Platform (existing brackets will work)

$212.99 non skid

$100.00 rubrail, insert & endcaps that all go around platform

$100.00 freight aprox (has to ship freight truck)

KG's Supra24
12-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Yea, I was thinking the pricing was close to $1,000.

The platform came out this year with the Moomba Mojo. Since they haven't shown us any pics of what this "great surf boat" will do, I have no idea if it really makes a difference. I guess its supposed to reduce drag. Appears to be a little deeper in the center but not the sides.

pap
12-15-2011, 07:40 PM
OH! After struggling with my wave all summer, I found that it appear putting more weight in the back just kept pushing the swim platform into the water more, causing it to mess up the wave. This has definite potential!

Where is that coming from? more info???

Sluggo
12-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Pricing is from Atlanta Marine on Lake Lanier, but I am sure you could go to any Mooba/Supra dealer and get a quote and should be similiar as it is direct shipped from Skiers Choice. As far as the pic, it appears to be from a boat show, not sure where KG got it. You can tell from the youtube video that it appears a little longer, but all they show is boarding, no surfing.

pap
12-15-2011, 09:51 PM
What youtube video? No info at all on the supra site that I can find.

Sluggo
12-15-2011, 09:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE0cNAUROag

KG's Supra24
12-15-2011, 10:40 PM
What were you running with pap? Your surf setup and what boat?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

pap
12-16-2011, 03:30 PM
21v, 750 port side, full front stock ballast, an additional 400 front port and a 400 rear seat port: the more weight i put in the more the swim platform seems to carve up the wave/froth it. I'm convinced the swim platform is the problem, at least part of it, because I have a sick amount of weight on the boat.

KG's Supra24
12-16-2011, 06:15 PM
You should take your platform off one trip out and see what kind of difference it makes. Mine has 2 pins you pull and it slides right out. I know the 21v is a great wake boat but I've never seen a surf wave first hand so not sure what to expect.

What is the stock front ballast? I'm sure you can put tons of weight in the front of the 21v and not get the nose near the water. May try some additional weight up there if you like the height you have to the wave. My surf setup is 1200 front, 1100 surfside, and a few hundred non-surfside.

I would definitely give it a run without the platform on before I dropped $1,000.

Ptownkid
12-16-2011, 11:18 PM
I find it a little annoying that they have this "new wakesurf swim deck" but yet there's absolutely no info about it online...nice work skiers.

KG's Supra24
12-17-2011, 12:01 AM
They have a whole new boat, not just platform, designed to run heavy weight for surfing and no pics or vids of it.

I would love to see someone compare the wake between the old and new platform. imo, no way it can make a $1,000 difference. I don't think it was necessarily designed to replace old decks though, just a new design that does less damage to the shape of wave would be my guess.

Pap, also when I found that my platform was digging, I added weight to non-surf side to put the whole rear end further down instead of just the one side.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

pap
02-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Any further f/u on this deck?

KG's Supra24
02-01-2012, 08:59 PM
I posted some pics of the new vs old side by side somewhere on this site. Other than that, not really.

I can give my opinion ... Its not worth switching. $1,000+ has better uses. A real nice surf board for less than that would make surfing more fun than that platform changing the wake enough to matter ... Like I said though, that's my opinion.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

cinmegpey
07-05-2016, 03:22 PM
21v, 750 port side, full front stock ballast, an additional 400 front port and a 400 rear seat port: the more weight i put in the more the swim platform seems to carve up the wave/froth it. I'm convinced the swim platform is the problem, at least part of it, because I have a sick amount of weight on the boat.

I have an 08 supra 21V and I changed my stock ballast bags to 1100 in front, 1100 both rear bags. I had to extend to tubing to fill them and install engine compartment supports (wakemakers sells them). I use the Ronix Eight.3 wakeshaper and fill all 3300lb ballast and I have an enormous wake that is very tall and long. I have ridden behind the centurion enzo and Mastercraft x30 and I have to say there is no way I'm trading for 100K boat as good as my wave is. My swim platform is at least 6inches under completely and that has caused me trouble getting off the platform to start surfing. If the platform is changing the wave I can't imagine how good it would be without it because I have no churn and its clean all the way back past the end of the surf rope.

MJHKnox
07-06-2016, 03:45 PM
I'm glad I swapped my old platform out for a new one on my 07 SSV. The old thing dragged.

By the time I bought a new one and sold the old one on CL, I was into it for 700ish.

I did not think 1k was bad with the rub rail, seadek, and matching boat color.

Pick your poison on these wake boats. If you cannot build the add-on, it's going to cost $$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk