PDA

View Full Version : New tower speakers

Lavinder
12-18-2011, 11:59 PM
I just got a pair of Roswell R6 speakers on the Wakeworld Xmas auction. I need some input on amp advice.
I have a 2007 22ssv, Kenwood head unit, Kenwood 2 ch amp, 6 stock speakers, sub.
I think the speakers are all powered off the head unit and the sub is powered off the amp.
I am thinking of adding two - four channel amps.
Existing two channel amp to run sub.
Four channel amp to run 6 boat speakers.
Four channel amp to run tower speakers. Use two channels for future speakers if needed.

Thoughts?

Is this going to be a serious pain to wire up?

KG's Supra24
12-19-2011, 06:51 PM
1. The 2 channel will likely work for the sub depending on what the setup is.
2. A 4-channel is ideal for the inboats and will definitely help with how they sound.
3. If you are just pushing two tower speakers I would probably recommend a monoblock (class d) amp to save on some battery (more efficient than a/b style amp, even g/h i think)

I would recommend a distribution block in order to do the power wires. There is a sale on the Krypt equalizer right now that makes it $80 that you might really like to control the inboats/tower/sub seperately. That would define your RCA runs.

KG's Supra24
12-19-2011, 06:54 PM
I am actually selling some used JL G1300's. Even if you didn't buy mine that is a solid amp to push tower speakers and well priced.

It would push 150 watts to each speaker. I used two of them to push 4 speakers.

That route was recommended to me over a 4 channel amp for power and efficiency purposes.

Lavinder
12-20-2011, 12:55 AM
Thanks or the info. I am leaning at two JL XD400/4's. Low power draw, good power.

KG's Supra24
12-20-2011, 10:17 AM
1 channel for each speaker? Makes wiring easier to figure out. Be sure to check out a distribution block for the power wires. It will make for a cleaner install and help avoid some wiring mess at the battery.