PDA

View Full Version : NOT putting Driver Foot Tray Back In??

jet
12-19-2011, 02:54 PM
Iam still working on the otherside of the boat right now but looking forward I DO NOT WANT to put my driver foot tray back in. You see any problems with that? The only thing I can think of is that it helps me get bigger stuff (sub-box) into the nose and under the steering cables. What do you think?? Jet

bens250ex
12-19-2011, 10:32 PM
I opted not to do the foot deal on mine, I don't see it causing any problems it's just for comfort I believe

haugy
12-20-2011, 10:34 AM
I can't remember, is this a new floor? And you are just not putting in the recessed section?

Or are you talking about leaving the recessed section, just leaving out the actual black fiberglass tray?

I think you will be suprised at how you're seating position will be affected. It will feel like you are sitting on the floor with your feet straight ahead. But I can see the benefits to sub placement. I had to get real creative (meaning JonyB had to get real creative) with the sub in my Mariah. But it worked.

jet
12-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Yes, leaving the whole thing out. Just a flat floor. It wont effect the seating because Im rasing the seat 2"-3" and then we sit on crap to raise us another 3"-4". The damn wind screen is right at eye level.

Jetlink
12-20-2011, 12:46 PM
The damn wind screen is right at eye level.Not exactly sure where I sit height wise but I have my seat elevated as well. Visibility out the front is fantastic though and I don't have to sit on anything other than the seat bottom. I want to say though that the windscreen is just below my eye level and the wind is not a problem at all for me from this height.

jimmyk102
12-20-2011, 07:42 PM
My two cents. I have raised the drivers seat 6" & re-fiberglassed the black foot tray & had Ry No spray bed liner applied, looks great. Being 6' tall, I prefer a "chair" style where my knees are bent vs. "straight" legs - factory height of drivers seat. This combo makes it much easier to get in/out of driver seat. Chair 6" plus the 1.5" or so with floor pan installed. Visibility is awesome.

jet
12-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Yes I did something similar. Mine cracked a while back so I re-fiberglassed it, and then had mine Rhino lined with a blk background and blue speckles. Super nice looking but I dont stand on it anymore. If I dont use mine I might sell it?? Jet8401

jimmyk102
12-22-2011, 09:11 PM
Nice job jet, looks great. Originally we just did the top part & when I was doing a trial install, I noticed that the floor part of the tray did flex when weight was applied to it. So we went back & fiber glassed the bottom of the tray with several layers, & in between each layer we did a trial fit to ensure that it rests on the "white floor" beneath the tray itself, so now it makes SOLID contact & I can walk on it NO problem. Thing is, floor pan now weighs in pretty good.

jet
12-23-2011, 11:02 AM
Hmm maybe I will just move it forward 2"-4" so my feet can rest in it but when I stand Its on the floor?? Hmm, thanks Jimmy thats a good idea also.

local69
01-05-2012, 06:30 PM
I am looking for a foot tray. where would i be able to find one? have an 86 comp from brand new and am redoing the floor and carpet .thanks jon

jet
01-05-2012, 06:55 PM
If you can wait a month or two I might sell mine. Just not a 100% sure what I want to do yet??

Hagman
01-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Hi Jet
My 86 comp didn’t come with a tray. There is a 2” dropped aria in the floor. Originally there was carpet installed in the bottom . The carpet wore out after about 10 years so I replaced it with the same rubber that came on the swim platform & dash. I had to heat the rubber with a heat gun to make it bend over the top then stapled it . This is still dirty from the last time out. But it’s really easy to clean. Good luck I'll be watching. Hagman

jet
01-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Hmm..I LIKE THAT!! Does it still have the drain hole in bottom left side??

Hagman
01-06-2012, 09:18 PM
No . My dealer had it plugged when the boat was new. I guess that’s a good thing . The comps had a rot problem at the drain hole aria . Not having a drain hasn’t been a problem over the years I just through a towel down to sop up the wasted bear or what ever. Are you sure you want to leave out the dropped aria it’s kind of nice having the little bit of extra nee room.

jet
01-07-2012, 10:06 AM
I am trying to figure out a way to get rid of the pan, but your way looks like a better idea.

local69
01-07-2012, 11:49 AM
where would you be able to buy the mat ? that looks like a great idea.