PDA

View Full Version : Would like info to repair floor 1987 Comp

Daveks1987
12-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Any kind of help or advice-pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Jetlink
12-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Need some more details...what's the issue that requires the repair. What is the damage, what are your skills and what tools do you have available?

Daveks1987
12-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Sorry for the slow reply with the holiday season. The issues are a few "holes" in the floor. They feels like a knot, like the top layer of veneer rotted off of a knot. One is located on the passenger side in between the gunnel and motor cover, about center of the walk way. The seecond, is right in front of the passenger seat. The biggest is about a 3 inch diameter, and feels to be a perfect circle. All of the floor around them is solid. I have been a Millwright for 38 years at a paper mill in town with experience that ranges from machinery to building cabinetry. I have also done fiberglass on a Corvette in the past. As far as tools, I have access to virtually unlimited between my personal collection and friends. What do you think for a starting point? Is there a possiblity to do a partial fix, or is it a entire floor or nothing? Thanks in advance.

bens250ex
12-27-2011, 11:29 AM
You could do partial just depends on if the rot goes to the stringers . Cut out a larger area around your hole and begin to poke around. Check how saturated the foam is and check the stringer. Check you engine bolts will they pull out or ate they still firm. Might also want to check the service section on this forum as there are several rebuilds takin place right now including my own