PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request

scotthons
12-27-2011, 12:29 PM
We are looking for as much help as we can get right now. My wife is 14 weeks pregnant and there are some complications with the pregnancy. We have already had two previous miscarriages in the last 13 months. This is the furthest along we have gotten, but they are finding a lot of fluid build up around the brain and lungs and also a problem with the stomach lining. We will find out some more information today when we get some results back from a test that was preformed to see if there are any chromosome abnormalities.

Thank you so much!

Okie Boarder
12-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Will add you to the prayer list. Keep us posted!

scotthons
01-05-2012, 01:57 PM
The baby was diagnosed with Turner's syndrome which if it can make it to term is not all that bad. Unfortunately they gave us only a 1% chance of making it that far. We went in for another ultrasound on Tuesday and the baby was moving around and had a good heartbeat, but the fluid we needed to see subside got a little worse. They are going to continue to monitor it every week and we need to see fluid (hydrops) get better.

They said this was a non translocational issue which means it was not inherited from either one of us. Basically, they said we just have had some terrible luck.

Okie Boarder
01-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the update...keep posting as new information comes in. We'll keep praying.

csl
01-05-2012, 10:08 PM
we will keep you in our prayers. My sister was told her baby had no chance of survival and and they have a very healthy 6 year old girl. God still works miracles.

scotthons
01-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Well, we unfortunately lost the baby this week. She is in a better place now. It was something we were already bracing for, but still stings when you get the news. We will regroup and take some time and see what the next step is. Thank you for all your support and hopefully one day soon we will get a little one on the Supra to start some good memories.

In the meantime I have approached our District Governor of our Rotary Club who is in charge of the New Mexico Boys and Girls Ranch. We are discussing opportunities to take some the kids up to the lake. There are also fostering opportunities through them as well so that is something for us consider.

Okie Boarder
01-13-2012, 05:05 PM
Sorry to hear that. Praying for healing. Glad to hear what you're doing...that would be great for those kids. Some friends of ours just got approval for the next step in the adoption process and are working with an adoption advisor. A friend of mine an I started a chapter of Wakeboard Church here in OK this past summer and we're working to grow that. Our focus is more on men, but no reason there couldn't be a Wakeboard Church chapter fire up in NM that is more focused on kids. ;-)

scotthons
04-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Well without even trying my wife got pregnant again. I almost feel like a teenager who knocked up his girlfriend. It is kind of mixed emotions because we are of course happy, but the wound is still so fresh from the last one. We were still healing from the miscarriage in January and never really had a chance to talk about what our next step was going to be. It will be stressful, but we will get through it. Hopefully the 4th time is a charm!

On another note we are getting a foreign exchange student at the end of the month. He is a 16 year old from Melbourne, Australia.

Okie Boarder
04-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Congrats! Will be praying for this one to "stick".

86 century
04-23-2012, 01:40 AM
God works in strange ways.

when it ment to happen it will best of luck to you

scotthons
06-21-2012, 03:27 PM
We made it out of the first trimester and everything is looking good!

scotthons
08-02-2012, 10:59 AM
My wife is now 19 weeks pregnant! She is feeling great and starting to show a little bit. We are holding off on finding out the sex, but I swear in the 3D image at 15 weeks I see something there :)

86 century
08-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Right on

We found out the sex as soon as possible to make things easier.

jzelt
08-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Awesome. Can't believe ours is 1 yr next weekend.
Goes fast. Take a pic each month at the least. Amazing how they change.

Okie Boarder
08-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Glad things are going well...continuing to pray.