PDA

View Full Version : Wake the World Alabama

sidetracked3
01-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Well I wanted to thank everyone that helped out in last year's event. It was a HUGE success. We had around 50 kids from Big Oak Ranch and 14 boats show up. The kids had a great time and now we are looking forward to this year's event. We are planning on June 25th and I am asking any and all volunteer/boat owners to step up to have a day you will never forget. Everyone that was at this event last year had a blast and we would like to make this year's event even better. If you are interested you can contact me at [email protected] for more information. This event has spread across the United States and we now have events in more than 10 different states. You can do a search on you tube for wake the world and see what this event is about. Greg Hodgin has done an unbelievable job at getting this started and I just feel blessed to be a small part of it. We are also working on getting the main website up and running here soon but you can follow the links to the other sites to get a little more information at www.waketheworld.org.

Date June25th

Place Silver Rock Cove on Smith Lake

Time 7am-7pm

Contact [email protected]

We will have food, fun and possibly a band again this year. I hope to see you there.

Wake the World
01-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Wake the World Alabama has one of the BEST venues. Great water, great facility, great neighborhood involvement, great people and the only WTW event that also has a pool! WTW Alabama is a first class event in all aspects. Heath and Jennifer are awesome hosts!

TitanTn
01-09-2012, 10:30 PM
What city is Smith Lake located in? I tried doing a search, but not sure I found what I was looking for. Please confirm.
Sounds like a great event. Just watched some of the YouTube videos and it reminds me of growing up getting some boats together for church events to take those that never had the opportunity. Great job you guys are doing!

It's near Addison, Al. Here are directions from Atl. http://g.co/maps/98ud5

sidetracked3
01-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Our place is close to cullman, you can look up www.silverockcove.com and get directions. Everyone that came out last year had a blast. We had 14 boats and around 50-55 kids, food and live music. We hope to do the same this year if not more. Silver rock is a great place to host the event and we have plenty of boat slips for everyone. If you want more info you can email me or call me at 205-382-0516, would be more than happy to talk to anyone about the event.

csuggs
01-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Wake the World is a great event. I'm organizing the WTW event in West Virginia on the Ohio River in Parkersburg. July 30th if anyone wants to help out.