PDA

View Full Version : No more graphics!

jonyb
01-24-2012, 01:50 AM
Just got it back......

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/397324_10150638995418833_554148832_11248238_515974 259_n.jpg

Hagman
01-24-2012, 02:43 AM
Sweet . But only 1 picture!

Sluggo
01-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Looks good. Planning to do something similiar with mine. I have some oxidation issues and gelcoat cracks. Do you plan to put anything back? Curious why you did not do the back???

MaizeOutBlue
01-24-2012, 11:43 AM
wow, very nice looking boat. Hard to tell from pic but is that a Tungsten gray color?

Okie Boarder
01-24-2012, 01:23 PM
I like it!

jonyb
01-24-2012, 05:26 PM
wow, very nice looking boat. Hard to tell from pic but is that a Tungsten gray color?
Thanks. Not sure what specific color it is, but it's OEM.

Do you plan to put anything back? Curious why you did not do the back???
I didn't mind the one on the back, it's raised and plastic. The ones that were on the side were worn from fenders and just looked awful. I'll leave it bare for the next owner. I think a 1/3 wrap would be perfect, kind of like Zdecals did on a 22' Supra a year or so ago.

chrisk
01-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Weren't you trying to sell this beauty jony?

KG's Supra24
01-24-2012, 08:30 PM
I like it naked :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

jonyb
01-24-2012, 10:08 PM
Weren't you trying to sell this beauty jony?
Yes sir, potential buyer is coming down tomorrow to look at it.

Thanks KG :D

86 century
01-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Do you have any idea how they got them off.

I would like to update the look of mine.

KG's Supra24
01-25-2012, 08:51 PM

I used a $12 heat gun from harbor freight. A hair dryer may work?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jonyb
01-26-2012, 12:35 AM

They're just stickers, start peeling. Teh only thing is there will be a resemblence. I peeled my stickers, but had a body shop that I do business with wet sand and buff the boat so you can't tell they were ever there.

Looks like the boat is leaving next Wednesday :(

KG's Supra24
01-26-2012, 10:40 AM
Someone is getting a dang good looking boat!

jet
01-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Jonyb you havn't had that boat that long?? What are you doing?? She looks clean and sexy!!

chrisk
01-26-2012, 06:00 PM
Sad to hear it's leaving, hopefully going to a good owner.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the shop charge for the wet sand and buff? I'm just interested to hear after doing it to my own boat how much the alternative would have cost.

86 century
01-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Dont know why I didnt think of the heat gun

Thanks

The perfect gelcoat under them will give me a target for the rest.

jonyb
01-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Sad to hear it's leaving, hopefully going to a good owner.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the shop charge for the wet sand and buff? I'm just interested to hear after doing it to my own boat how much the alternative would have cost.
Yeah, I think the new owner will take care of it..... On the cost, it's going to be different, or different circumstances. I'm good friends with the body shop owner (and main worker). he owns the 39' Hustler Rockit that I did a big stereo in last year. My prices would be different then a walk-in customer.

Jonyb you havn't had that boat that long?? What are you doing?? She looks clean and sexy!!
Bought it new in 07, almost 5 years. I'm selling out. Our camper is for sale too, along with my golf cart that's on ebay, then possibly my truck after all of that is gone. For one, we just don't enjoy it anymore, the lake is too rough, too crowded, tired of paying $500/year property tax on the boat, another $300 for the camper, $2000/year on lot rent for the camper, gas in teh boat/truck/wifes car, and the list goes on.

Another reason for this debt reduction is that Obama and the Heritage Foundation are about to kill my career. "Clean Energy", is gonna kill this world. More and more lost jobs, and that will included me and my family.

TitanTn
01-27-2012, 11:00 PM
So sorry Jonyb. That doesn't sound good. Regardless, debt reduction is a good thing ( wish our country could do that) so at some point in time you can re-enter the boat game when you're ready. Good luck to you and your family.

jonyb
01-28-2012, 09:52 AM
Thanks!!!!

Fman
01-28-2012, 06:40 PM
John, sorry to see the Supra go... that is one beautiful boat, someone is going to really enjoy her. Hopefully you will be back on the water sooner than later... I thought California was the only place the lakes were impacted and over crowded. If I was a weekend only boater I would probably do the same and sell out, fortunately I can go during the weekday which makes it do-able. Dont like having boats around my kids when they are in the water or being towed.

Good luck and I hope you find some career options as well.

jonyb
01-28-2012, 10:20 PM
Thanks Travis! Our jobs aren't in jeopardy right now, but just remember this: When you hear all this talk about solar panels, windmills, no coal, no nuclear power, think about the family in Paducah that has 1200 co-workers in the Nuclear Power field whose jobs will be lost if the Heritage Foundation gets their way. There's a lot to it, but we operate the only remaining Uranium Enrichment Facility in the United States. Once it's shut down by those pricks, the US will have to depend on foreign countries for MORE services from overseas. We are regulated by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission with 100% compliance, and have an impecable safety record, not to mention the least amount of human errors imaginable for a place of that size.

Jetlink
01-29-2012, 12:03 AM
John, what you said above makes sense... We need to stop depending on others for our resources, in this case, uranium. I shall be writing my elected officials to voice my opinion on the matter and I encourage evryone else to do the same.

tg0824SSVGG
01-29-2012, 08:09 PM
Travis - you said nearly everything I wanted to say!

John - I got a lot of great ideas from you since first joining this forum ... thanks for everything.
Colorado is also stupid-packed and insane busy, it's hard to find a time when the lake is not full of
idiots. Sad, really - I like to see the sport grow, but I wish the fools weren't the ones growing it.

Todd

Fman
01-30-2012, 12:42 AM
If we go out on a weekend, we are on the water by 7am and off by 10am. Everyone gets a set in and off we go back to the house before all the crazies come out! The weekends on the lakes in California are crazy busy, unsafe, and not enjoyable to even be out.

86 century
01-30-2012, 01:23 AM
Nuclear power is probably our best source of power.

If you compare the pound of waste per kwh produced to any othe type of production nuclear is much cleaner.

Jetlink
01-30-2012, 02:54 AM
Nuclear power is probably our best source of power.

If you compare the pound of waste per kwh produced to any othe type of production nuclear is much cleaner.
Problem is that when it comes down to it, people are all about clean and available power, but not in their backyard. Take a few issues with nuclear power and everyone gets weird. Always feels weird flying into Harrisburg, PA when the tower controller tells you to turn final over 3 mile island. But at the end of the day, I would embrace electrons from a nuclear power plant.

jonyb
01-30-2012, 05:15 PM
I agree about people not wanting it in their backyard. I don't know our population, but I'd say maybe 350,000 in this town. This plant was built in 1952. A lot of the general public is against it, but that's because of what the media puts out. Media never recognizes milestones or safety records, only the bad. Therefore, the general uneducated public see's it as bad. What they don't realize, is that if this plant starts cutting back, lots of businesses, other industries (A TVA power plant nearby), and most of the retail stores, will go out of business. There's around 1,200 plant employee's, maybe 600 or so that work for contractors in the plant, plus all of the industrial supply places that we get our parts and materials from. We've already decided that if my wife and I both lose our jobs, we'll have to move somewhere else, away from our families. There won't be any jobs here, this town will go to crap.

We've been trying to secure funds to build a new plant in Piketon, OH. If that plant is ever up and running, we will still have to support it for at least another 8 years. We're also trying to secure a contract from DOE to re-enrich "tails" material that is sitting around in old cylinders. That would keep us afloat for several years to come. All of this is contingent on government approval, but since the government right now is more concerned with failed solar panel companies and clean, unproven energy, we could be on the cutting block. I've got 11 years in, my wife has 3. I'd like to hope I could retire out here, and if we can get a few things going, that may happen.

Thanks for all the kind words guys. The buyer is picking up the boat tomorrow morning. I really hate to see her go, but it's for the best. My 3-year old said goodbye to it this afternoon, he's gonna miss it this year.

Jetlink
01-30-2012, 06:19 PM
Sadly, bad news it what sells... They can make it as dramatic as possible and sensationalize it. My industry is no different than your industry or anyone else and that is a problem when it comes to the media I think.

jonyb
02-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Actually, $550/year. That's after paying $3,500 sales tax when I bought it. I also pay around $350/year on my truck, $400/year on wifes truck, $300/year on our camper, $125 for the lot rent tax (in addition to $2,000/year for lot rent), and lets not forget the house: $1,500/year there. That's without the motorcycles that I've always had, or any other extra cars. Anything in KY with a title and license gets a 6% tax bill.

And yes, Bozo can exit the building with all of his cronies.

TitanTn
02-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Anything in KY with a title and license gets a 6% tax bill.

That is unbelievable! Talk about out of control. Yes, I'm incensed by that. Why don't they just tax earnings from previous years as well? Apparently taxing something once isn't good enough. This has got to stop.

Jetlink
02-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Actually, $550/year. That's after paying $3,500 sales tax when I bought it. I also pay around $350/year on my truck, $400/year on wifes truck, $300/year on our camper, $125 for the lot rent tax (in addition to $2,000/year for lot rent), and lets not forget the house: $1,500/year there. That's without the motorcycles that I've always had, or any other extra cars. Anything in KY with a title and license gets a 6% tax bill.Holy mother of taxation!!! And I thought I was pissed off about the 10.25% sales tax on the county I currently live in. John, do they tax you for breathing there as well?

jonyb
02-08-2012, 02:31 PM
forgot to add, I also lose 32% from each paycheck......

jonyb
02-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Holy mother of taxation!!! And I thought I was pissed off about the 10.25% sales tax on the county I currently live in. John, do they tax you for breathing there as well?
We are 3 miles from the IL border. Lots of people here license their vehicles in IL or TN to avoid all the taxes. They use relatives addresses or other means to show residence.

Jetlink
02-08-2012, 02:53 PM
We are 3 miles from the IL border. Lots of people here license their vehicles in IL or TN to avoid all the taxes. They use relatives addresses or other means to show residence.

If that's the case, I'll PM you my address because that's just ridiculousness to the max!

wotan2525
02-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Another reason for this debt reduction is that Obama and the Heritage Foundation are about to kill my career. "Clean Energy", is gonna kill this world. More and more lost jobs, and that will included me and my family.

I'd rather punch myself in the nuts than get into political arguments on the internet, but you should do some research about the Heritage Foundation boys. The Koch Brothers are evil scum-bag criminals that are the big financial backers of the current "conservative" movement. Obama participates in their corporate cronyism but I don't think he's the one that's going to cut any kind of nuclear-power. If you want nuclear power to survive, be very careful where your "conservative" dollars go. (Hint: The Koch brothers have made all of their billions through oil and coal.)

If you're interested in learning more about the current "conservative" movement in this country, dive in here --> http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/08/30/100830fa_fact_mayer

That's a fair article that is scary as hell. I personally lean pretty far libertarian... but.... knowing that there are people (and money) like that pulling strings is SCARY stuff.

wotan2525
02-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Holy mother of taxation!!! And I thought I was pissed off about the 10.25% sales tax on the county I currently live in. John, do they tax you for breathing there as well?

I think there have been some studies done that say even though the specifics of how various states/counties are taxed -- the "effective" tax rate doesn't change much state to state. (And to be clear.... I absolutely agree that it's too much!)

As an example -- I don't pay anywhere near the taxes that jonyb pays on his possessions -- but I do pay $3000/year in taxes on my $180k house.

jonyb
02-08-2012, 03:43 PM
I'd rather punch myself in the nuts than get into political arguments on the internet, but you should do some research about the Heritage Foundation boys. The Koch Brothers are evil scum-bag criminals that are the big financial backers of the current "conservative" movement. Obama participates in their corporate cronyism but I don't think he's the one that's going to cut any kind of nuclear-power. If you want nuclear power to survive, be very careful where your "conservative" dollars go. (Hint: The Koch brothers have made all of their billions through oil and coal.)

If you're interested in learning more about the current "conservative" movement in this country, dive in here --> http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/08/30/100830fa_fact_mayer

That's a fair article that is scary as hell. I personally lean pretty far libertarian... but.... knowing that there are people (and money) like that pulling strings is SCARY stuff.

Here's a quote from one of our news clips lately:

The plant in Paducah is operated by the United States Enrichment Corporation and produces low-enriched uranium for use in commercial nuclear power plants across the country. The bill would allow the plant to re-enrich leftover uranium—called “tails”—and sell it to generate power. Both Whitfield and the Government Accountability Office estimate the re-enrichment could net more than $4 billion for the federal government.
But the legislation is stalled in Congress, facing bipartisan opposition. Whitfield argues that the project is a win-win —it will generate money and retain 1,200 jobs for the area. He says the Department of Energy could act on its own, but isn’t.
“That’s why it’s so puzzling and so frustrating because you produce the money for the government, you save the government significant money and you expedite environmental cleanup and you save 1200 jobs,” Whitfield said. “We’re stymied in Washington because the Obama Administration is still opposed to it, Secretary Chu is still opposed to it, the Democratic leadership in the House is still opposed to it. And then we have a lot of conservative people in the Congress who don’t want to spend any money.”
The conservative think tank the Heritage Foundation came out against the bill because it’s worded to disqualify competitive bidding for the uranium.

That's not the only issue, there are a few more, that's just the first one that came to mind. This company is also trying to get a new technology going, but not getting much support from DOE or Congress.

Jetlink
02-08-2012, 04:01 PM
I think there have been some studies done that say even though the specifics of how various states/counties are taxed -- the "effective" tax rate doesn't change much state to state. (And to be clear.... I absolutely agree that it's too much!)

As an example -- I don't pay anywhere near the taxes that jonyb pays on his possessions -- but I do pay $3000/year in taxes on my $180k house.It's alright, I am just shy of three miles from the county line. I gas up and buy as much stuff as I can in Lake county as opposed to Cook county. And the county wonders why they are still facing a budget shortfall that is actually increasing since the sales tax hike. Gas around the corner from my house, $3.87 for 87 octane. Gas across the county line for the same grade, $3.44.

chrisk
02-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Talk about a thread jack : )

chrisk
02-09-2012, 12:25 AM
Nooo graphics are always more important than taxes. Just a joke to lighten the otherwise crappy demeanor of this thread.

jonyb
02-09-2012, 09:52 AM
Carry on then :D

Hopefully the new owner will post up on here.... I think he actually saw the boat on this forum. I had it on WW and had no interest. New owner seems like a really cool guy, and I'm sure he'll enjoy it.

86 century
02-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Indiana has realy low tax rates on boats and rv's I think I pay a total of about $150 for three boats four jetskis and an rv.

I would find an address in indiana or tell them all the stuff spends most of year her.

wotan2525
02-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Here's a quote from one of our news clips lately:

That's not the only issue, there are a few more, that's just the first one that came to mind. This company is also trying to get a new technology going, but not getting much support from DOE or Congress.

Ughh.... The reason behind that? HUGE lobbying bucks from the coal and oil cronies. What an embarrassment. You can use this handy guide while deciding what congressional ticket to punch in the upcoming election: Are they in? They should be out.