PDA

View Full Version : Trailer runway lights

Fman
01-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Has anyone here installed the 12 light runway kit for the top of the trailer that boatmate sells? I just ordered my red LEDs, and wanted to find out what kind of connectors you used? I was going to use standard butt connectors and coat them in liquid tape which is supposed to waterproof the connections. Also wanted to find out what gauge wire, was thinking 18gauge would be fine for LEDs. I am piecing my own kit together, and not using the boatmate kit, they did not have red LEDs.

thanks for any pics or recommendations..

Jetlink
01-26-2012, 11:58 PM
Heat shrink, the good stuff and a heat gun will go far. I rewired the whole back of my trailer, all the red lights from incandescent to LED and used heat shrink tubing. No issues to report and the trailer gets dunked in the water 2 times a day and twice a weekend minimum in season.

jet
02-22-2012, 03:01 PM
You can install them on a float switch so they will come on when dumped in the water. Pretty cool. I thought about getting the runway lights BUT! My trailer led's are so bright you dont need them. My trailer is lit up up about 10' out all around the trailer. I just dont see the need.