PDA

View Full Version : Georgia wake boarding in April

csuggs
01-28-2012, 09:48 PM
We're taking a trip to GA for spring break this year, First week of April to see my folks. If anyone in that area is reading this (Dan?), what can I expect for temps? Water temp? I'm considering taking the boat.

bens250ex
01-29-2012, 04:07 AM
I'm not In Georgia but not to far from it. I live in Mississippi and in April you normally see mid to high 70s here sometimes low 80. Weather around here is hard to judge one day it can be 70 next it will be 30 .

michael hunter
01-29-2012, 09:29 AM
csuggs

What lake are you planning to visit? I live on Lake Lanier about 35 miles north of Atlanta. Last year we had an early spring we were in the water in Feb with dry suits. So far the winter has been very mild yesterday it was 65 then it drops off to 30s at night. We are planning a mid March start this year . Let me know when you will be here . If I can help you with anything let me know.

csuggs
01-29-2012, 02:22 PM
csuggs

What lake are you planning to visit? I live on Lake Lanier about 35 miles north of Atlanta. Last year we had an early spring we were in the water in Feb with dry suits. So far the winter has been very mild yesterday it was 65 then it drops off to 30s at night. We are planning a mid March start this year . Let me know when you will be here . If I can help you with anything let me know.

Michael, we stay with my folks in Madison on 20 betwee Atlanta and Augusta. Lake Oconee is near there and I know that Lanier is not too far off.

KO21v
01-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Michael, we stay with my folks in Madison on 20 betwee Atlanta and Augusta. Lake Oconee is near there and I know that Lanier is not too far off.

There are a lot of Hydrofoilers on Oconee. Cliff Woodman is in Eatonton, Landon Hill is in Madison. Both have X-Stars and really great guys. If you want there # I can get it for you.

csuggs
01-29-2012, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'll keep an eye on the weather and make a decision later. I'm driving to Madison regardless, but it would be much more expensive to tow other boat that distance (500+ miles)

michael hunter
01-30-2012, 10:14 AM
csuggs
Madison is 60 miles from me let me know when you are there . I have never been on Oconee might be a good time to check it out.