PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Supra Soltare 454 engine- Austin, TX

b2005um
02-17-2012, 08:54 PM
I recently bought a red 1988 Supra Soltare from my fiance's uncle. I purchased the boat in October for $7500. It has the 454 engine and around 550 hours. We took it out several times all the way through Thanksgiving and then winterized it. The Boat runs extremely well. It is currently on a hoist at Lake Austin. I am moving to Aspen, CO so I don't think i will have much of a need for a boat anymore.

There are two soft spots in the floor (this was going to be my spring project. Uncle said stringers are in good shape). I have two sheets of 3/4" marine ply as well if you are interested in replacing the floor. The Boat has a tower, wakeboard rack, ski mirror, two tower speakers, amps/subs in the boat (sound system cost about $3k), and a bimini top. I will include wakeboards, surfboard, ropes, etc.

I will post pictures sometime this weekend.

EDIT: I want to get rid of this boat in the next few weekends, no later than March. I will sell this boat $6,000. If I can't get rid of it by March I am going to move it up to my families Lake House in Missouri.

Salty87
02-17-2012, 10:14 PM
looking forward to the pics.

88pirata
02-17-2012, 11:37 PM
Need to see those pics
I think I have the exact boat. With the same 2soft spots on the floor
One soft spot under the rear passenger seat and the other on the same side right at the step

b2005um
02-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Attached are pics

b2005um
02-21-2012, 07:48 PM
Rest of pics. Should have a view of inside boat and a view from front, back, and sides.

b2005um
02-21-2012, 07:49 PM
If anyone is interested in this let me know.

chrisk
02-22-2012, 12:30 AM
Don't believe you got ripped off, looks like a nice boat.

Salty87
02-22-2012, 09:48 AM
she's a little big for the lift, lol. is that near ski shores?

i got my saltare from a guy who stored her there. same deal...stuck way out the back. that's why he was selling. he had the slip and got a boat that didn't fit.

other than the usual wear she looks nice. boat too. :)

b2005um
02-22-2012, 10:07 AM
she's a little big for the lift, lol. is that near ski shores?

i got my saltare from a guy who stored her there. same deal...stuck way out the back. that's why he was selling. he had the slip and got a boat that didn't fit.

other than the usual wear she looks nice. boat too. :)

I literally only had a few shots of the boat and didn't make it out to the lake for pics due to rain. That was the only view from the back of the boat I had. Yoga instructor does not come with the boat....lol

It is stored right next to Lake Austin Marina. She is definitely too big for the slip. It was a real simple decision though, I had been looking for a boat slip for about 6 months because I knew my fiance's uncle wanted to sell the boat. I think I called every single place on lake austin and looked on craigslist every day. The average wait time to get a slip was 18-24 months. It is amazing how perfect (sarcasm) this slip became when it was available. I remember looking at the place a few months earlier and thinking.....there is no chance I will store my boat there.

wotan2525
02-22-2012, 11:07 AM
I literally only had a few shots of the boat and didn't make it out to the lake for pics due to rain. That was the only view from the back of the boat I had. Yoga instructor does not come with the boat....lol

It is stored right next to Lake Austin Marina. She is definitely too big for the slip. It was a real simple decision though, I had been looking for a boat slip for about 6 months because I knew my fiance's uncle wanted to sell the boat. I think I called every single place on lake austin and looked on craigslist every day. The average wait time to get a slip was 18-24 months. It is amazing how perfect (sarcasm) this slip became when it was available. I remember looking at the place a few months earlier and thinking.....there is no chance I will store my boat there.

This is a good buy for someone! VERY fair price and nice looking boat!

holmberg4500
02-23-2012, 12:03 AM
Do you have a trailer for your boat?

holmberg4500
02-23-2012, 12:12 AM
I pm'd you my phone number.

b2005um
02-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Do you have a trailer for your boat?

No trailer

b2005um
02-28-2012, 11:20 PM
Bump for lowered price.

I want to get rid of this boat ASAP. I will lower the cost to $6,000 but boat must be picked up soon. If anyone knows anyone that may be interested please pass this ad on them.

holmberg4500
02-29-2012, 12:04 AM
I'm trying to locate a trailer for it...any help?

b2005um
02-29-2012, 09:44 AM

Outside of craigslist I am not really sure. I know you said you all live in SW MO. You may want to check Dallas and Tulsa is only about 30 min out of the way for driving down to Austin. I looked on Austin CL last week and didn't see anything.

You could always call some marinas at Lake of the Ozarks....I would think certainly one of the dealerships over there has a trailer sitting around that can hold a 23 ft boat.

wspeedin
02-29-2012, 01:00 PM

try http://www.jaxed.com