PDA

View Full Version : Swim Platform bracket bolts

greenhead84
02-22-2012, 07:06 PM
So last spring I had Viper Replace my stringers and floor on my 1988 Supra Comp. When reinstalling my swim platform brackets I used silicone in the bolts holes to make sure no water leaked in and around the bolts. I recently pulled my swim platform and removed the brackets and probably a couple teaspoons of rusty water came out the bottom middle bracket bolt hole. I know that all three brackets have a bolt type system for the top bolt, but what I dont know is where does the bottom bolt screws into. Is it the stringers or is it a piece of wood backing that I might be able to replace by removing the gas tank, etc. And if so, does anyone have pictures of this with the floor removed?
Thanks
Jonathan

bens250ex
02-28-2012, 04:32 PM
See the 3 pieces of wood on the transom? That's where swim platform bolts goes into.
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff1/bens250ex/3cc7d504.jpg

TitanTn
02-28-2012, 09:37 PM
Not sure about the Comp, but my Saltare swim platform brackets basically came out right where the floor meets the back of the hull. I was pulling my floor up anyway, but if not, you'd have to cut a little of the floor out to gain access. Not a big deal really. I'd do this and make sure you don't have a bigger problem back there. When you reinstall the bracket bolts I'd suggest using a sealant like 3M 4200. This is much better than silicone and will also help with keeping the bolts in place.

greenhead84
02-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Thanks guys, thats the info i was looking for!