PDA

View Full Version : Please do not adopt that new logo Supra...

Ptownkid
02-24-2012, 11:24 AM
It's terrible and the old one is fantastic. Can you even imagine Nike ever dropping their swoosh?

KG's Supra24
02-24-2012, 12:03 PM
While we are at it .... Thanks for changing the "a better wake a better boat" to "beyond better". :p My decals are now out of date ....

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i401/kwgarner24/100_0050.jpg

I don't think I'll be switching though. :rolleyes:

CincyLaunch
02-28-2012, 10:31 AM
They changed the motto too!!! Supra is gonna piss alot of people off by changing.
"A better wake a better boat"
Hopefully there will be some good deals on the shirts with the old logo on it over in the store.

Ptownkid
02-29-2012, 12:28 AM
I'm not so worried about the tagline...but the wave logo is iconic and has been tied to the brand for over 25 years. There are companies out there that would kill for that kind of brand recognition. Ignoring the fact that the new logo is aesthetically ugly, changing the logo that has represented your company for ever is a really, really, really bad idea.

Jetlink
02-29-2012, 12:49 AM
Well, there goes the whole idea behind a brand new boat...I will settle on anything that has the "A better wake, a better boat" before I buy anything with the new tag line...

haugy
02-29-2012, 12:11 PM
What the hell is that logo supposed to be?

Tell me this wasn't the brainchild of the new marketing girl from Malibu or axis?

Just proof that Supra is no longer interested in being an iconic boat manufacturer that's been around for years. They just want to appeal to the new masses. While that seems smart on the bottom line, it's loyalists like us who help promote the brand by staying loyal.

I am no longer a Supra fan. I was already on the fence, but this had pretty much done it for me. I am an old-skool fan always, but I no longer will promote the new Supra boats. I'm sorry, the design, the look, the quality just isn't what it used to be. If I get a new boat it will either be a Malibu or Nautique. Most likely a Nautique.

I will always love my old Supra's, but I fear this will be the last one I own. I don't ever plan on selling this Saltare, if it rots out I will V-drive it (not in the cards this year). So I see this boat going to my son when I'm done with it.

I hate to see Supra go this route, and I'm sure all the new Marketing thinkers think this a good direction. Even though I'm 33yrs old, and am in Marketing, I know this is not.

Ptownkid
02-29-2012, 12:27 PM
I think...it's supposed to be a birds eye view of the wake. Can you imagine Malibu or Mastercraft changing the font that they use...?

KG's Supra24
02-29-2012, 12:35 PM
It's a "greater than" sign is it not? .... to go along with beyond better.

cadunkle
02-29-2012, 12:53 PM
It's ugly and goofy looking. No recognition with it either. I'm not a Supra loyalist though. I dislike most new things as they have no class, style, or charm. Just cold fugly designs. I also loathe fuel injection and will never own anything with fuel injection.

I'm sure the new boats throw a great wake, they're very utilitarian in my eyes. A new Supra (or brand x) is just a tool to do a job. It does it well, but I'll stick with my old junk that has timeless styling and lines. If they made a new boat with square windshield, distinct lines, and classic styling but with a few tasteful modern features like tower and ballast, I'd probably like it. I don't have $70k to drop on a new boat, likely never will, and even if I did I could think of far better uses for that money so I'm simply not their target market. The only new boat that appeals to me is Standard. I'm a less is more kind of guy... But for less money I get more features and room for friends out of my old Supra so tossed the Standard idea.

Regardless, new age whippersnapper logo == lame.

TitanTn
02-29-2012, 11:32 PM
... Even though I'm 33yrs old, and am in Marketing, I know this is not.

I'm also in Marketing and I agree. I think this is a short-term view and responding to fads. Iconic brands do not change with the wind. You don't have to be a marketer to point out examples. Supra has "missed the boat" on this one, but it kinda goes with where the company is right now. They just don't feel that stable right now. One of the most important things to get right today is a web site. Their web site barely works. To be generous, I think about 50% of the stuff I try to view actually works. Come on. If you can't get a web site to work, am I really going to pay you $85k for a boat? I have to go to their Facebook site to actually see pictures of the boats. It's sad, but consistent with their branding decisions.

Like others have said, I'm loyal to the older Supra boats, but when I purchase something newer I'll be open to considering other brands.

dusty2221
03-01-2012, 01:03 PM
I think...it's supposed to be a birds eye view of the wake. Can you imagine Malibu or Mastercraft changing the font that they use...?

I looked at it like you did, above "birds eye" wake view

TitanTn
03-01-2012, 08:23 PM
I looked at it like you did, above "birds eye" wake view

I still think it's some runaway html brackets...

Geary101
03-04-2012, 10:13 AM
I think it's pretty dang close to being a copyright infringement on the logo for Brooks shoes.

http://www.brooksrunning.com/

When I see this new Supra logo, it certainly makes me think of Brooks

cigars n scotch
03-04-2012, 09:51 PM
It's ugly, I agree with you all. It's a shame too.....

haugy
03-05-2012, 06:37 PM
I wonder how long till they change out the clothing and gear section with this new logo and crap?

I won't be buying anymore if they do. That's it, I'll be done with Supra as a loyalist.

Geary101
03-06-2012, 06:21 AM
Save your mula - just go to Kohls and buy Brooks Logo T-shirts for $5.00.

No-one will know the difference.

I keep wondering... who are these new so called "SC Marketing people" making all these changes, and why don't they ever communicate with the Supra and Moomba owners like the days of old (Warren (god love him), Littman and Carrera)?

You know there is no longer a Supra/Moomba dealership in Orlando?

C'mon - Orlando! The so called Waking Boarding Capitol of the World.

Who's taking care of the boats that the team athletes use? I know one of them turned in their Moomba and I don't think they got another.

Tough to remain a loyalist

haugy
03-06-2012, 09:53 AM
Marketing is handled by a new girl from Malibu/Axis.

iwakeboard
03-06-2012, 09:56 AM
I don't see the Brooks comparison, I think it's a wholly different shape and balance. I'm a runner and have wore Brooks before, didn't even enter my mind. By the same logic you could say the Nike swoosh is infringed upon too, only because it has that forward then backward return shape.

TitanTn
03-06-2012, 10:04 AM
I agree that it's not copyright infringement, but it's just a slap in the face of longtime, loyal Supra owners. It's abandoning the history of the brand to embrace the newer generations. It's a lack of respect for the original brand, it confuses your loyalists, and is a very short-term strategy as compared to brands which stand the test of time.

Geary101
03-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Cody, you don't run enough and haven't owned enough different shoes :)

to me it's close to Brooks, to others it's close to a turkey wishbone.

kjkimball
03-09-2012, 08:54 PM
Save your mula - just go to Kohls and buy Brooks Logo T-shirts for $5.00.

No-one will know the difference.

I keep wondering... who are these new so called "SC Marketing people" making all these changes, and why don't they ever communicate with the Supra and Moomba owners like the days of old (Warren (god love him), Littman and Carrera)?

You know there is no longer a Supra/Moomba dealership in Orlando?

C'mon - Orlando! The so called Waking Boarding Capitol of the World.

Who's taking care of the boats that the team athletes use? I know one of them turned in their Moomba and I don't think they got another.

Tough to remain a loyalist

The dealer for nearly all of Central Florida is now Land O Lakes Marine near Tampa. A friend of mine from the Orlando area is part of the Supra Moomba program with them. If there is a call for it, they might expand to the Orlando area. He live here with a Moomba and I have a Supra 242. We are trying to represent in NW Orange County.

Geary101
03-11-2012, 07:55 AM
Dave Hipps is now the dealer for Orlando????????????

You positive about that?

That's not good news for those of us who loved the quality service and clean service bays that Bob Campbell used to provide.

>"A friend of mine from the Orlando area is part of the Supra Moomba program"

Who's your friend? I may know him and would love to get in touch with him.

>"If there is a call for it"....

dude, this is the Orlando area. "the wakeboarding capitol of the world". You think there is more of a call for it in the tampa area? I don't think so.

in fact, a lot of the LOL Moomba owners travel to our chain of lakes for the day.

I'll make a prediction.... if SC doesn't set up a dealership in the Orlando area fairly soon, lots of us are gonna start using the dealers of the many competitors (that are sold and built in the area), and that will result in many of us not wanting to purchase another SC product.

Know what I mean?

Why would I travel a 75 miles to go to LOL Marine, when I can go 10 miles and get a Nautique, Tige or a Malibu.

TitanTn
03-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Ha! Good one!

Jetlink
03-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Saw this at the mall this weekend.

http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/xx49/ngavdba/974d633e.jpgI am not sure why it took me so long to realize this but, the attempt to "rebrand" the Supra name with this new logo is like our management team at work trying to rebrand our combined airline. They wanted to take our two airlines, merge them together and call it "Surejet Airlines." Needless to say, all the employees were horrified and they ended up sticking with our current name instead, but not after spending a whole ton of money doing market research for that other name. Here's to hoping Skier's Choice didn't drop a butt load of capital on this marketing idea.

haugy
03-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Here's to hoping Skier's Choice didn't drop a butt load of capital on this marketing idea.

It's pretty aparent, they didn't.

chautauquasun
03-14-2012, 12:15 AM
What a huge mistake on the part of Supra Corporate. From a marketing standpoint it is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. You never want to change a brand/logo that you have worked so hard to develop and that consumers have adopted and recognize. I really dont get it. And that tag line...really???...it sounds like something that would come out of the mouth of the that tool Papa John's guy. I am getting new wave decals made for my boat this year. We will stick with the classics.

Geary101
03-15-2012, 05:33 AM
"The dealer for nearly all of Central Florida is now Land O Lakes Marine near Tampa. "

Just so there is no confusion caused by the above statement - "folks" at SC have confirmed that a new dealer for the Orlando area has not yet been selected.