PDA

View Full Version : SUPRA WOODY fun project

slyons
03-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Check out my woody project i cant get this website to work for some reason go on craigslist nh under boats and type in supra woody check it out its a cool ride

docdrs
03-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Here is the site http://nh.craigslist.org/boa/2884362139.html

haugy
03-06-2012, 09:58 AM
HOLY SHITBALLS MAN!!!!! Please post WAY more pictures!!!

Did you do the work yourself?
Did you use all new wood composites gelled into the glass to make it seamless?
Did you use wood through out the interior rebuild?
Have the stringers been redone?

sybrmike
03-06-2012, 10:54 AM
Sexy, sexy, sexy! Obviously a work of love. I used to build cedar strip canoes, but can't imagine what went into that beauty??? Got any more pics anywhere?

lively
03-06-2012, 12:15 PM
ha ha !! i like the holy SHITBALLS lol ha ha ha , love the boat !! its deff a piece of art !

wotan2525
03-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Beautiful. I'm pretty sure he started a build thread with photos about 2 years ago.... I remember looking at the very early stages of this but I'm sure those photos are gone, now.

slyons
03-06-2012, 09:13 PM
Thanks. Totally gutted stringers were great. Cross stringers new then all new from floor up. No foam. I did all the work myself. Hull is blue imron runs great. Quick. New tranny ect. Custom windscreen using some of the original metal name on the transom is in copper leaf. All new trusses epoxy and two layers of cross laid plywood covered with 3/4" mahogany epoxy and screwed from under. Many coats of varnish then buffed out. Looks nice in the sun. It's so fun to drive and to ride in the rear cockpit. It's low to the water which makes it so awesome. I hate to sell it but I need more of a work boat I will send more pics when I get a min. Thanks for looking

haugy
03-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Really? The Supra Purist likes this? I don't get it. Only thing Supra is the two wave logo on the back.

I understand it from an artistic point of view, but from a Supra fan POV...I'll pass. I would have spent my money on a real woody.

I know, I'm a hipocrite. But next to Supra's I'm a wood fan. Garwoods, Chris-Crafts, etc. One of those will be my next build. And while yes, he did kill a traditional Supra in the process, that is a true ORIGINAL. For that kind of custom work, I can appreciate the work and design that went into it.

cadunkle
03-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Sweet mother of awesome! I'd love to see some larger more detailed pictures of the work, looks really great!

86 century
03-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Does look cool

Did you do for any reason other than being different.

slyons
03-10-2012, 12:44 PM
For the guys that dont get it sorry. you need to step out of your supra box and relax. I saved this boat from the junk yard because of rot and made it a fun boat. as for the only thing supra look again. the hull,drivetrain,shark fins prop shaft rudder ect all orig the grab bars orig. winscreen metal reworked but orig. boat has new top and transom,steering wheel gauges and some style. As for the money comment its not about money just skill and talent. Its an awesome ride and all boats are awesome as long as they float. For the guys that like it THANK YOU more pics to come

mr.jrc
03-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Isn't America great! We are all entitled to our opinions and live the way which we choose, and hopefully do so in a respectful environment.

Nice job on the boat. I would love to see detail on how you transitioned from the wood to fiberglass.

To each his own!

haugy
03-12-2012, 11:22 AM
You feel better about yourself now that you got that off your chest? Your SKILL and TALENT is better suited making boats than commenting on them.
Maybe if you posted bigger and better pics in the first place I might not have been so haste in making a judgement on your fiberglass woody.
I'm usually pretty calm and I don't need to relax, but thanks. You sound like a democrat! God forbid someone else has a difference of opinion than yours and shares it.
I think I did say I get it from an artistic point of view. That would mean I understand the craftsmanship, design and pain staking effort it took to transform this junker
into an artistic expression. Maybe you should read the entire post first and then you relax. Not everybody is going to like it including me. THANK YOU

As for the money, I could afford to buy any Supra out there, but yours would be last on my list for $17,000. I would rather buy a real Woody for double that. Understand now??

You're starting to sound like me. Careful. :D

Hagman
03-12-2012, 11:57 PM
Slyon I wish you would post some more pictures of better quality so maybe we could more appreciate the labor and love you devoted to this project. On the craig’s list add you are asking $17,000. Is that how much you have in the project? The reason I ask, is my father and I have built 4 custom cars and when it came time to sell them we were lucky to get half of our money back not counting the labor. As you probably know you’ll need to find that one special person that shares your vision and is willing to pay for it. I wish you Good luck on the sale . I ask you again please post more pictures. We like pictures9000

86 century
03-13-2012, 09:02 AM
You feel better about yourself now that you got that off your chest? Your SKILL and TALENT is better suited making boats than commenting on them.
Maybe if you posted bigger and better pics in the first place I might not have been so haste in making a judgement on your fiberglass woody.
I'm usually pretty calm and I don't need to relax, but thanks. You sound like a democrat! God forbid someone else has a difference of opinion than yours and shares it.
I think I did say I get it from an artistic point of view. That would mean I understand the craftsmanship, design and pain staking effort it took to transform this junker
into an artistic expression. Maybe you should read the entire post first and then you relax. Not everybody is going to like it including me. THANK YOU

As for the money, I could afford to buy any Supra out there, but yours would be last on my list for $17,000. I would rather buy a real Woody for double that. Understand now??

Unlike nga I dont have a life of memories with my supra. It does make me feal better about my choice to know there are alot of people that love the old supras enough to go throu all the trouble to keep these old things going.

I appretiate all the work and talent (one I dont have)it would take to do somthing like this.
However as nice as she looks would be totaly pointless for me.
As for the value to me it has almost none but some one out there that cannot do this type of work
will fall in love with here and pay whatever you ask.

haugy
03-13-2012, 03:08 PM
One of few who has known their boat since brand new with original paperwork to boot.

Ooh ooh ooh! I'm in this club! Woo hoo! :D

slyons
03-13-2012, 09:31 PM
Just keep talking it proves your a moron and you probably have the original paper work in your supra folder to prove that your a moron get a grip

slyons
03-13-2012, 09:37 PM
i WILL POST MORE PICS WHEN I GET TIME I JUST TOOK MORE BECAUSE I SOLD THE BOAT THIS WEEK. SHIPPING IT OUT WEST HATE TO SEE IT GO BUT THE CUSTOM LOBSTER BOAT IS IN PRODUCTION REAL COOL BUT FAR FROM ORIGINAL

dusty2221
03-14-2012, 12:15 AM
I loved it. Make sure and post more pics if you have them!

Hagman
03-14-2012, 12:57 AM
Yeah I'm a moron to at least my wife says so she also says my head's up my you know what. And next week when I go in from a colonoscopy I'm gonna ask the Dr. to check for it.
Ooh!! Sticks and stones my douchebag friend! At least I can take objective criticism! I am a moron...a moron who doesn't like your boat! Yes, a moron who holds all the original papers in a folder. Even a moron knows that's what a folder is for.
Now take your Forest Gump grammar and go post on the lobster forums! At least all those guys will share in your same level of education.

chrisk
03-14-2012, 01:23 AM
I'm looking forward to the pics as well! I spotted your listing on ebay so I got to see a little more detail there. Pretty cool project man, I forget who said it earlier but truly "to each their own." Wouldn't have been my first choice to do to an old Supra but I think it's really, really cool that you chose to do it and I'm excited to see more!

86 century
03-14-2012, 03:14 AM
Well I must be a moron to I still have the window sticker along with all kinds of records to the 68 firebird in my barn that my mom bought new.

slyons
03-14-2012, 08:45 AM
not so the 68 firebird is awesome hope you still drive it once and awhile as for the forum editor and great grammar MORON shut up were just a few guys talking about boats its all fun your hi-tech wording is foolish Oh my boat that you dont like is sold so maybe you will like the next one its diesel but im sure you will bitch about that one also go play with your stick and stones

wspeedin
03-14-2012, 09:35 AM
Can't we all just get along? Seriously, we are all entitled our own opinions and we should respect others by not saying rude things about others. We are not a bunch of high school girls, so stop acting like it :) This is a place for all things supra, even a half breed supra is better than no supra :)

Jetlink
03-14-2012, 11:11 AM
This is directed at Slyons... Hey man, I originally appreciated your work for how original it is. However, your actions as a person have left a bad taste in my mouth. I can appreciate good craftsmanship when I see it as I myself like to work on things from time to time. However, resorting to throwing names around and having posts with a general tone like post #27 will not win you any points in my book. I wish you the best in your endeavours and hope that you understand what I am trying to say.

Hagman
03-14-2012, 07:40 PM
This is directed at Slyons... Hey man, I originally appreciated your work for how original it is. However, your actions as a person have left a bad taste in my mouth. I can appreciate good craftsmanship when I see it as I myself like to work on things from time to time. However, resorting to throwing names around and having posts with a general tone like post #27 will not win you any points in my book. I wish you the best in your endeavours and hope that you understand what I am trying to say.I agree with Ben ,well said. I think it’s time that we choose not to respond to any more of his comments. Maybe he’ll just go away.

Jetlink
03-15-2012, 05:11 PM
Not to beat a dead horse but this is what I was looking for the other day when I wrote post #29. This was taken straight from the guidlines for posting on the forum...

3) Personal attacks, mean-spirited comments, and abusive behavior will not be tolerated.
4) It is fair game to debate, challenge, and question, keeping in mind the the guidelines above.

mapleleaf
03-15-2012, 11:10 PM
this ones like a funny car wrecking before the green....

haugy
03-16-2012, 09:23 AM
I'm not gonna jump on the guy for getting defensive. That's a lot of man hours put into the project. And while he does need to understand, not everyone will agree with him. I can't hate him for being proud of his work.

While he definitely did come in harsh, again I can't criticize too much as I have done similar here. I've got real thick skin, and sometimes think everyone else does too. The only difference in me doing it versus him, is I have been here for a long time. And I contribute to the forum, and help others. While I may have my occasional tirade from time to time, I do for the most part act as a participating and helpful member.

I still welcome the guy as he has a knack for handy work, and that kind of knowledge could be very helpful around here. But just ask him to take things with a grain of salt. We all love our boats, original or modified. But come in, be an active member, and communicate. Then we'll just overlook the occasional tirade, like mine, from time to time.

8)