PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Supra Kevlar Edition Saltare

redraider08
03-09-2012, 10:30 PM
I found a supra soltare for $2500. the owner pulled up the carpet to replace and had the head machined and put back on the engine, but the exhaust and intake manifold still need to be put on. Also, all the interior needs to be replaced. he says the engine ran stong when he took it apart and does not know how many hours it had on it. he also says the hull and floor are very solid. Any thoughts? I wish i could just run over and look at it but it is about a 9 hour drive. Thanks

michael hunter
03-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Post the location of the boat I'm sure you can get a member of two to take a look at it and give you a evaluation.

redraider08
03-10-2012, 10:05 AM
That would be great! The boat is on Lake Conroe.

Salty87
03-10-2012, 12:14 PM
if the engine runs, there's a trailer and it doesn't sink...that's a great price. if the floor is solid and the engine is mostly rebuilt....what's his number? lol

be careful, most of the boats from then are needing new stringers about this time. even if that one does, the price is still good. most saltares are selling for 6-10k.

sybrmike
03-10-2012, 11:12 PM
I'd be happy to make a run up (~45 minutes away) & take a look. However I saw the listing on CL, but it's been deleted by the poster? Sold? PM me the details if you know more...

redraider08
03-12-2012, 12:46 AM
I emailed the guy this morning and the boat was sold. I hope somebody got a good deal and not a money pit project!

sybrmike: Thanks for offering to go check out the boat for me! That's pretty cool to help out a total stranger like that, keep it up!