PDA

View Full Version : 454 and 1:1 Prop Question

84 Rider
06-27-2005, 11:39 PM
Just picked up a '84 Rider with 454 and 1:1 transmission.

So far I'm not impressed with hole shot - I expected more from a 454.

The prop that is on boat now is in poor shape. Prop is 13.25 x 15, which seems like an oddball size as well. I would like to re-prop for better hole shot and still have a top speed close to 40 for barefooting.

Unfortunately, neither speedo is working, and tach is out as well so I'm dealing with limited information.

I would like to know what some of you other owners of the older Supra's are running behind a 454 and 1:1 trans.

3 of 4 blade?
what diameter and pitch?
What is your top speed and at what rpm?
How is hole shot for pulling up heavy adult skiers and boarders?

selle92
06-28-2005, 09:26 AM
3 or 4 blade is up to you more or less.

But just to throw my 2 cents in, I've heard the ACME prop is killer! I believe you can call them from their website and they can set you up with the correct prop for your boat, be it a 3 or 4 blade- your choice. I looked into this, but decided to go the cheaper route and spend $100 on repair rather than Treefitty on a new prop. But will probably invest in one down the road.

DKJBama92Mariah
06-28-2005, 01:33 PM
One other thing about ACMEs. Before you buy one, make sure the prop shop in your area has a pitch block to fix it if you bend it. To some people, this isnt important. Its really important to me considering there is so much trash in my lake, i end up having to get the prop fixed at least once a year. I would think it woud be a PITA to ship it off every time i bent it and have to wait 2 weeks to get back on the water.

Cheers,
DKJ

Salty87
06-28-2005, 01:50 PM
another vote for acme

84 Rider
06-29-2005, 08:44 PM
Okay, the Acme has been ordered. 13 x 13 with 0.080" cup. It should be here so I can tear up the lake on the 3 day weekend.

I'll post back on tuesday with how the new prop performs.

selle92
06-30-2005, 10:23 AM
Looking foward to hearing the difference.

I noticed a ton just by getting my old Michigan repaired, but have seen the ACMEs at the dealer and they just look like they'd rip the way they are made.

84 Rider
07-06-2005, 10:12 PM
Well, I can report that I am very happy with the Acme prop.
Hole shot is great and top speed felt good. Now I need to get speedo's fixed so I can really tell how fast i am going.

Service from both Acme and Discount Inboard Marine was great. Acme could not give me a better price that MSRP directly as they don't want to undercut their dealers. Vince at discount did not have the prop i needed in stock but arranged for it to be shipped to me directly from Acme so I would get it in time for the weekend.

Great prop and great service from both Acme and Discount Inboard!