PDA

View Full Version : need input on painting my 86 sunsport

sitdownsteve
03-10-2012, 06:50 PM
i am wanting to paint the boat and wondering what paint, primer i need and the best way to go about painting it, through a gun or a brush and roller, also should i use boat stands or paint what i can get to on the trailer let dry and slide the boat back and do the rest??? thanks

DAFF
03-10-2012, 07:05 PM
What colour is the boat now??? Have you tried wet sanding and polishing??? Painting is normally not required.

sitdownsteve
03-10-2012, 07:13 PM
maroon and yellow/tan with yellow, red, and blue pinstripe, the thing is ugly... i just want a fresh new paint job, going to do black and monster/ kawasaki green if i can find the paint

sitdownsteve
03-11-2012, 02:00 AM
Ouch! That stings! I'm taking hits left and right today. Glad I don't get offended easily.
You need to pm Tkustom. He just did the same thing on his new buy.
I hope this doesn't become an epidemic...green and black.
I'm sure that is so much prettier than Maroon/ Tan with original rainbow vinyl. Lmao sarcastically.

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?10306-New-to-the-forum

this made me laugh, sorry nothing against your boat lol just want a newer look but thank you for the info i will message him

DAFF
03-11-2012, 01:45 PM
IMO anyone who considers to paint his boat with a roller should leave things alone. A 30year old boat will get more attention than a badly painted 30year old boat.

sitdownsteve
03-11-2012, 02:47 PM
I know it wasn't intended towards me. The profile fit my boat and made me laugh when I read it.

This boat was built before you were born as I am assuming you probably under 30 years old.

"While an original is always hard to find, it is easy to recognize".

30 this year ugh....

IMO anyone who considers to paint his boat with a roller should leave things alone. A 30year old boat will get more attention than a badly painted 30year old boat.

see im new to boating and new to painting thats why i asked, but im am willing to spend time and money to get it right and do everything on this boat myself