PDA

View Full Version : new boat

finka
03-11-2012, 03:12 PM
I have been looking for a ski boat for a while. Anybody know of any around Wisconsin or Illinois?
I found a 1990 Mastercraft Tri-star with 850 hours. Not bad for its year but has a hole in fiberglass. Would that be a huge problem as its above water level.
Attached are a few pictures.
Price is 4000$.89948995
Thanks

finka
03-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Thank you. I appreciate it but looking for under $5000 as on a tight budget.

DAFF
03-11-2012, 04:34 PM
EZ fix, but tristars are not known for there drivability. Expecially at low speeds. Other than that it seems to be an OK boat. A little on the small side and def not a sackable one.

finka
03-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Will the Tri-star be any good for boarding or adding a little wieght? I know one person said it will not work.
Thanks,

Jetlink
03-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Anything you might find under $5K will most likely need $$$ invested in it on top of that. I paid less than $5K for mine and the floor and stringers were and are still good as of last fall when I put it away. However, I did have to fix a whole slew of other issues the first season out and that cost money as well. You either pay it up front and get a boat that is in slightly better condition, or you pay it out after the initial purchase. Lucky for me, I was able to do all but the vinyl work in house to keep costs down. After two years, I now have a boat that is very functional for me and very reliable which for me, reliability is very important.