PDA

View Full Version : 91 comp trailering question

bri91comp
06-29-2005, 05:27 PM
My boat sits on a lift 90% of the time and in the garage the rest of the time. Therefore it doesn't get trailered much.

Question 1:
I don't live far from the boat launch, so I haven't worried about the tie downs. Unfortunately the anchoring points are located above the swim platform and don't allow me to attach tie downs to them. The swim platform supports are not strong enough to secure the boat. My question is...how are you guys securing your boat to the trailer?

Question 2:
Has anyone upgraded to disc brakes? If so where did you get them and how difficult were they to install?

Question 3:
I need to replace the coupler/actuator on the trailer. Any recommendations on brand of coupler/actuator to buy?

Any suggestions or recommendation are appreicated.

Thanks,

Brian

06-29-2005, 05:39 PM
I remove mine to strap the boat down. There should be four pins and thats it. I have also seen other people strap thier boats from the platform. How safe is this? I don't know.

DKJBama92Mariah
06-29-2005, 06:32 PM
Brian,

I'm about in the same spot as you. I rarely tow mine. I have never tired down the back of the boat since we bought it and i've never had any problems.

Unique Functional Products wwe.ufpnet.com has actuators and disc brakes. I personally think the disc brake are necessary with the amount you tow. BUt if all your parts are worn out anyway, then you might consider it. I personally just try and keep my drums in good shape and adjusted and they suit my needs perfectly.

The UFP coupler is the one that came on my trailer. I'm pretty sure its that same one that has always been used.

CHeers,
DKJ