PDA

View Full Version : Best deal ever !!!

DAFF
03-18-2012, 09:22 AM
With the summer just around the corner here is your new boat. Yes it needs work but the hard stuff is done. Look at the pics !!! Someone will get the buy of the season.

$2800.00 best

CONTACT ME: [email protected]

DAFF
03-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Why is this boat still inside my shop ???

michael hunter
03-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Only reason I can think of is you are in Ontario and I am in Georgia?

Jetlink
03-20-2012, 10:54 PM
Only reason I can think of is you are in Ontario and I am in Georgia?I think it is more simple than that...he hasn't moved it outside of the shop.

DAFF
03-21-2012, 07:01 PM
Yes, but Detroit is only 20minutes away.... First one here get a killer deal!!!:-D Keep in mind this boat has been inside for 10years plus.

zalamander
03-21-2012, 10:10 PM
I personally think its a good thing that you are in Ontario and I'm in Colorado. Reason being... I have a slight addiction to restoring older boats. If I didn't have two in my possession right now I'd probably buy it, but then again I'd probably be single again :)
Good luck selling her, I'm sure someone will jump on that great deal.

03-25-2012, 05:13 PM
If you throw some speakers and a tower at it I would be all over it

DAFF
04-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Someone out there needs an awsome comp.....

jeffkaasmason
04-24-2012, 06:41 AM
Hey Daff,

I'm looking into the cost of getting myself an inexpensive boat to do some wakeboarding. I see from other posts that the Comp is not as good as some of the bigger Supras but I'm on a bit of a budget so I'm willing to compromise to be able to get out on the water again. It's been years since I've had a boat and that was an outboard that was not great for wakeboarding. In the last few years I managed to get out for some lessons/time behind some late model true wake boats. That really made me realize how bad the outboards that I grew up with are and so I started investigating the possibility of getting one of these older ski boats.

I see this boat has had some work done already and was wondering if you know the condition of the stringers? Seems like replacing those is a big job and it also seems like this would be the time to do it since the boat is somewhat dismantled interior wise.

In another thread on this boat you mention steps to finish would be;
Finish the interior. Go through the drive line, freshen everything up. Has a new starter and alt. Carb needs a rebuild or more than likely replacement. Plus a steering cable.

I'm not much of a motor mechanic but handle the rest. Given the lack of combustion motor mechanical skills I would need to get the motor work done in a shop somewhere. Any thoughts on what it would cost to get a new Carb and have someone tune up/go over the engine.

Anything other than the engine I can handle. I had a carpentry/home renovation business for ten years before heading back to university and into IT. Do you have a rough estimate on what needs to be spent on other incidentals, including the steering cable, to get this boat on the water?

I'm trying to determine if the cost will be one or two thousand to get it on the water or is it going to be a lot more than that. I would need get a tower for this as well which looks like it will add another thousand on top of the getting on the water price.

Thanks,
Jeff

Ptownkid
04-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Another Ontarian, sweet. Honestly, you'll still have a blast riding behind a comp, and you can always add some ballast. The wake will indeed be bigger behind a deeper boat, but how much does that really matter to most of us? I've seen plenty of pics and video of guys getting upside down over the wake behind a comp.

This boat is the most affordable thing you're going to find in driving distance. I had to drive to New Hampshire to get my Saltare...they don't come around often here.

jeffkaasmason
04-24-2012, 02:28 PM
I don't think I'll be upside down, on purpose anyway, so I do agree that I would enjoy the wake on a comp. :)

Hey, given that these boats don't come around often here in Ontario, does that mean it is hard to get parts for them?

wiatowski
04-24-2012, 07:57 PM
I'll vouch for the boat. I bought Daff's Sunsport and have seen the comp a couple of times... tried to talk a couple of my friends into buying it. Stringers are good and I think he took all the foam out. So there shouldn't be a problem with any rot.

Ptownkid
04-24-2012, 09:01 PM
Most parts are really easy to get.

mapleleaf
04-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Is Ontario coming to life with older Supra's or am I just waking up?
Mech. parts have been easy for me to find, the rest will explain itself. We managed a 5-10 second rope free surf behind my open bow comp a couple summers ago, for riding with some ballast the wakes good enough for most part timers I'd think. And I friggin love the wake for skating...

DAFF
04-24-2012, 09:21 PM
Boat needs work but it is a very good platform to start with. I have way to many projects at the moment or would spens a little time a get the boat more water ready. No foam and the strings and floor are solid. A little effort will go a long way. By the way the Comp is comparable to a Ferarri on the water. No big wake but it will pop out of the hole and be much easyer on fuel too.

DAFF
04-29-2012, 05:24 PM
Deal pending.... Snoose you loose.

wiatowski
04-29-2012, 10:30 PM
Deal pending.... Snoose you loose.

Glad to hear it may be in use soon. You get a wakeboard yet?

DAFF
05-17-2012, 12:01 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhh !!! Sometimes I think someone wants me to keep the ol boat and convert it into a bass ski boat.

Had it sold but couldn't find the Title. Found the title and the buyer bought a different one.

wiatowski
05-17-2012, 09:36 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhh !!! Sometimes I think someone wants me to keep the ol boat and convert it into a bass ski boat.

Had it sold but couldn't find the Title. Found the title and the buyer bought a different one.

that sucks. :(

haugy
05-18-2012, 09:10 AM

Ouch.

Rule #1 to selling something. Have the paperwork in order and ready so if someone shows up, this doesn't happen. Sometimes these toys are impulse buys, you gotta catch them when you can.

DAFF
05-18-2012, 09:17 AM
It was sitting in my filling cabnet under misc equipment for years, go to get it and it wasn't there.... Somehow it was mixed up in my buisiness stuff and my accountant had it. Perhaps I should spend some time on it and get it closer to being ready for the water. As projects go the better part of the weekend would go a long way.