PDA

View Full Version : What's new for Supra in 2006?

cc-rider
06-30-2005, 05:09 PM
Just thought I'd throw this out there to see what people know.

Sleepyluke
08-02-2005, 12:53 PM
I jsut heard from my dealer that they are going to make a ski specific boat again similar to the TS6M. He had not seen pictures, just heard from his rep, other than that, the rep would not tell him, but said that the dealer meeting would be full of suprises. And that comes about mid August!

RickT
08-02-2005, 04:39 PM
Rumors? Can't really say, but alot of new product is for certain

delbert
08-03-2005, 01:59 PM
RickT, How about a little leak just to get the rumor mills started. SC has flown under the radar this year so far with their new 2006 models. I have seen posts on quite a few of the other brands for 2006 with their changes but have seen nothing on SC.

RickT
08-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Delbert.

We release our info in about 2 weeks. Alot of new stuff(we think). We like being under the radar, less hype more product. It will be a big year for Skier's Choice...trust me.

Rick

cc-rider
08-05-2005, 10:42 AM
Rick,

As much as I want to know what is new.....I like your style of flying under the radar. You guys do it your own way at SC and I like that. Keep it up.

Chad:)

NAW
08-08-2005, 01:14 PM
I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you! lol

I for one and am so excited for '06!

silvtongdvl
08-09-2005, 10:19 AM
So if you aren't telling - how about a suggestion or two for years to come.
I have the 22SSV -03

How about extending the seat cushion that makes the back rest for the staduim seating furthur towards the front and reconfigure the cushion that covers the cooler. The cooler cushion is too hard to use (hard to get back in place once it has been removed) and having a bigger - longer back rest in the stadium mode would help.

Next idea is to have the storage compartment door open up instead of sideways(it may need to be smaller for this to work) - you have to put the extra seat back down next to the driver inorder to open the storage compartment.

Any chance of getting a metal - carpet covered tranny cover instead of the fiberglass one? Its not strong enough for people to stand on and when the boat is in its staduim seating mode - its right there. People think its a step.

Don't waste the money on the engine oil drain hose - it isn't long enough or the right size to fit thru the drain plug hole. Most people either get their oil changed at the dealership or have the vac pump to suck it out the dipstick. Either way - it doesn't work and should be stopped. Although I realize Ind. maybe sending the engines with it on already.

Don't get me wrong - I love my SSV and wouldn't have any other boat - these are just a couple things that would make it better in my mind.

~S~

P.S. - I have a few ideas - but would rather discuss off the forum site.

08-09-2005, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the input...that is great. We will definitely take at look at those notes.

Rick

dmgx
08-09-2005, 01:50 PM
OK this is a SC first, we are going to give you a peak of one of our brand new models this is the Supra Sunsport 20V. You will be the first people outside of the factory to see this. Well I guess the models have seen it. Best regards, Jay Warren

http://supraboats.com/images/06-Sunsport-20V.jpg

Salty87
08-09-2005, 04:12 PM
nice...is that the old launch in a v drive?

RickT
08-09-2005, 04:20 PM
No. All new from scratch. 20' 8" , 95" beam

Legace
08-09-2005, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the peek guys. Keep 'em coming!:) Are you keeping with all the same graphics as last year?

nani
08-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Looks like a nice mix between the 21v and the SSV. Very Nice.

delbert
08-09-2005, 06:31 PM
Rick, Jay and R&D, The pictures of the new 20v look great. I figured with 2 new boat last year we were more likely to see changes in the Moomba line for this year. Looks like a great start for 2006. Best wishes.

NAW
08-10-2005, 09:07 AM
That boat looks great!!

Everybody has been wondering what SC is doing this year...

That sneak peak is just enough to get inquiring minds inquiring.

cc-rider
08-10-2005, 11:59 AM
Rick & Supra Team,

Homerun with this boat! From a size and performance standpoint, you just built the exact boat I am looking for. Price it right and I will absolutely order one.

One suggestion......please put trim tabs on it so that it can work as a crossover boat. I like to ski as much as wakeboard and this looks to be what I am looking for. One more suggestion......PLEASE have the option of a walkthrough bow!!!

Nice job,

Chad

Vapor-rub
08-10-2005, 12:47 PM
silvtongdvl -

Nice ideas, but let's not be so hasty with the oil drain hose:)

I agree that it can be useless since it is difficult to fit through the bilge drain. However, I figured out a way to make it useful....

The first oil change I did I used the drain hose through the bilge drain and it took FOREVER for the oil to drain. Very messy as well since I had to let the oil drain over my wake plate and then catch it with a pail. On my next oil change I borrowed a hand pump from a friend and attempted to suck the oil through the dipstick. I don't know if the pump wasn't good enough or what, but I couldn't get it to work.

Finally, I had an idea that worked like a charm. I went to the hardware store and bought a fitting that screwed onto the end of the drain hose. The fitting I bought was barbed on the other end which I connected to the hose coming off of the hand pump. So picture this.... You connect a hose to the drain hose, run this connected hose out through the bilge drain and reconnect it to the hand pump.

Now I was able to give gravity a helping hand with the help of a cheap $18 hand pump. This worked like a charm. This was the quickest, non-messy oil chainge I have ever done. The whole process took me less than 20 minutes and cost me under $20 (not including the $18 hand pump that I borrowed). Beats the heck out of $130 oil change at the dealer!

Back to the topic at hand, nice looking 20V!!!! Can't wait to see it at the show this winter.

cc-rider
08-10-2005, 12:50 PM
Rick & Supra Team,

Homerun with this boat! From a size and performance standpoint, you just built the exact boat I am looking for. Price it right and I will absolutely order one.

One suggestion......please put trim tabs on it so that it can work as a crossover boat. I like to ski as much as wakeboard and this looks to be what I am looking for. One more suggestion......PLEASE have the option of a walkthrough bow!!!

Nice job,

Chad

RickT
08-10-2005, 01:36 PM
Chad,

It is a walkthrough. It is one of 4 new Supra's for this year and an all new Gravity Edition. I think you find the new Sunsport 20V and its cousin the all new Launch 20SSV to be priced very nicely. Good Luck.

Rick

cc-rider
08-10-2005, 02:03 PM
Thanks Rick. I have been waiting for something of this form and function to come along. This boat will compete very nicely in the market and I think it will be a winner for SC. Hopefully you guys kick the pants of MC and their new X1 with this thing. There are a lot of us looking for a smaller crossover boat, with the functinoality of a v-drive.

Why don't you send a pre-production model up here to MN??? How about an inckle on price for the 20 SSV? (maybe by private message??) I have to start working on my wife now if I expect one in the garage by next spring.....

Also, is it your birthday? Your profile says you were born on August 10th, 2005.....pretty young to be running such a good company aren't you? :p

RickT
08-10-2005, 02:30 PM
Low 40's. Well equipped. EFI,Hyd Wp,Tower, Gravity III Ballast,Swivel Board racks,Trailer,Stadium seating,etc. included. Your dealer should have pictures after this weekend. The Launch 20SSV has the same look as the 20V, just geared more at wakeboarding. It is an outstanding slalom boat as well.

Hope to see you in one soon,

Rick

silvtongdvl
08-10-2005, 02:40 PM
I like the new 20V - maybe you guys have already incorperated some of my ideas into it ;) .
As for the oil hose - I have to confess - my last boat had the garden hose fitting on the dipstick end - I bought a little pump that is powered by a electric drill to pump the oil out. When I bought the Supra - it was either buy the type pump that has tube that goes down the diptube - or buy one adaptor and use what I have.
So ------ I pull the hose out to the rear (near the rudder inside )- attach the adaptor, and stick the pump down in the bilge. Messy - I am looking around for a new pump to work with the diptube. Plus I have SS tanks on either side of the engine now - so they have to be removed.
Use the dipstick pump - Like almost every dealer does - the tanks can stay - the walls can stay because you can reach the filter from the engine hatch. Just put rags down first, then drop the filter.
Oh and not every dealer charges $100 plus to change the oil - I have one here in AR that only charges 45 - thinking I will save the money for the pump & let him do it. :)
~S~

nani
08-10-2005, 09:01 PM
I wonder if I could fit that new retractable pylon on my 05 21v?

Legace
08-12-2005, 09:02 PM
Thread don't die on me!!!! Starting chest compressions...one...two...three...mouth-to- mouth recessitation!! Breathe...damn it...Breathe!!!!

08-15-2005, 09:31 AM
Trying to help! Was this the dealer meeting weekend? We want details!!!!

cc-rider
08-22-2005, 12:49 PM
How about some more details and pics now that you have had your dealer meeting?

1988comp
10-06-2005, 12:20 AM
ok, I make about 70k per year out of my business, and my wife makes about 55k in a wage earning job, we live in a 125k house in Albuquerque, NM.

I am pretty sure there is no way justify 65k on a ski boat, at the most, we can go 15-18 times in a season.

If you can justify such a boat, please describe yourself, no names necessary.

nani
10-07-2005, 11:14 AM
Maybe not a 65k boat, but thats why we are on the Supra Boards :)

You want to justify a 50k boat, we can talk :p

silvtongdvl
10-15-2005, 06:54 AM
Comp - your kidding right??? Buy a smaller house - kick kids out of the house.
Its all relative - if wakeboarding is what you like to do - you devote your weekends to riding - then buy what you like. Maybe you have a big house - how can you justify that rather than a smaller one that still fits. Its your money - spend it how you see fit.
Obviously you would rather work on your boat on the weekends than go riding.

I don't know how old you are - but I have learned a few things
Since my father passed on - I know there is more to life. I wish I hadn't chased the bucks so much and spent more time with my Dad. The only thing I can do now is spend more time with my son before he is on his own. We are both busy - I own a business too and he is going to school and working. We don't have time to play around with older boat. Did that.

When the kids were younger - we didn't have a boat then. It didn't make sence because of the soccer,baseball,football, etc. My Dad had the boat .

The new 20 is low $40"s - Same cost as a 1 ton pickup or sports car. Like Ni said - not 65'Gs. I can't justify that either because Supra is alive and well.

If you want something bad enough;) ;) ;) ;)
~S~

zane
10-25-2005, 11:14 PM
I heard the 2007 ssv has a whole new hull and design.anyone else hear about this?

delbert
10-26-2005, 11:08 AM
Since they just released the 06 information it will likely be 10 months before we hear anything on 07 model changes.