PDA

View Full Version : need help from saltare owners about boat i am looking ar now

Bravura88
03-23-2012, 10:53 AM
Looking at an 88 salt. Exterior is 9 the vinyl 7. Prob ia the floor has 2 big soft spgood priceots and 3 engine mount bolts spin free. He qants 3 is this a good price. Need response asap plz.

haugy
03-23-2012, 10:57 AM
If engine and tranny are in great shape, yes, that's about right for a boat needing a new floor and stringers. Which this boat will need before it's seaworthy. You don't want that 454 rocking freely.

He want's three, offer $2,000 cash. And work up.

Bravura88
03-23-2012, 12:14 PM
Ok just finished. Got boat for 2500. Runs good. .thx

haugy
03-23-2012, 02:16 PM
CONGRATS!!!!!!! You know the drill. Pics please.

cadunkle
03-23-2012, 02:25 PM
offer $2,000 cash.

I hate when people say crap like that. What else would you pay with? Beer? Tools? Labor? That's called a trade, not a purchase, and doesn't necessarily have a strict monetary value as it's highly subjective.

wspeedin
03-23-2012, 02:51 PM
I hate when people say crap like that. What else would you pay with? Beer? Tools? Labor? That's called a trade, not a purchase, and doesn't necessarily have a strict monetary value as it's highly subjective.

Do you mean the cash part? Cus I have had people bring me checks, money orders, certified or cashier's checks. Cash just means we dont have to go somewhere else to have the actual money in hand.

Lol, I remember making a deal with a guy who was selling a mustang for $6500, I brought him $5k in small bills and he saw the stack of money and was ok taking a $1500 loss just because the money appeared bigger than it was. LOL. youd be surprised what how much cash talks

cadunkle
03-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Some people are stupid like that, but I'm not and I've never met someone who was. If I'm buying something whether it's $200 or $20,000 I pay in cash. If I'm selling something I expect the same, and will not jump through any hoops, come to me, bring cash, and take your item. Never had to mention that and never expected anything different. For someone long distance interested in a specialty item I may work with them (paypal, check, etc.) but with a long distance that's implied that we may never meet.

Bravura88
03-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Driving home and will post pics tomorrow thanks for all your help.

haugy
03-24-2012, 12:22 AM
Some people are stupid like that, but I'm not and I've never met someone who was. If I'm buying something whether it's $200 or $20,000 I pay in cash. If I'm selling something I expect the same, and will not jump through any hoops, come to me, bring cash, and take your item. Never had to mention that and never expected anything different. For someone long distance interested in a specialty item I may work with them (paypal, check, etc.) but with a long distance that's implied that we may never meet.

http://cookingwithcasa.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/cookie.gif

Look man, normally I agree with you on a lot. But by responding the way you have shows a lack of class. That's great that you use cash, and always have. And to say you've never run into anyone who hasn't either means you haven't done enough business, or you're lying. I've had tons of people try to buy things using checks or money orders, even paypal in person.

I say "cash" just to make sure whomever is doing the deal understands that. I don't know the person on the other end, so I'm spelling out everything in detail just to make sure they have the best information possible without repeating. This guy was in a rush, no time for back and forth.

I don't get onto you for many of the acronyms or sayings you may use when talking about engines. You say them because you want to be detailed and thorough.

So think things through before you come off all half-cocked and arrogant sounding. Because you bring a lot to the forums, but right now, in this thread, you just sound like an arrogant know-it-all.

Bravura [/hijack], sorry. Can't wait to see the pics man!

DAFF
03-24-2012, 01:18 AM
Nothing better than a good deal but, sometimes it can go both ways. I have in the past sold things below market value and passed on my good fortunes. My dislikes are when people automatically email you with a 60% asking price with out even looking at the item. Lowballing is fine face to face IMO.

Hope your deal works out. Without pics it never happened.

Bravura88
03-24-2012, 03:48 PM
I appreciate evryones thoughts. Haugy thx for getting back to me so quick. Wanted to make sure I was in the price range. Not sure if i am going to use it this summer or start resto and ride the bravura. Out of the 16 engine mounts 2 are loose. Also pisted pics on another thread. Thx again