PDA

View Full Version : 86 sunsport rear back bench

sitdownsteve
03-24-2012, 02:42 AM
Ok so my boat the bench has no storage and behind the bench there is a small storage up top that is connected to the cap, my question is what all diff options did the rear of this boat have, it seems a lot have storage under the seat but can't tell about the storage up top. I'm redoing all my seats and plan to put storage under the seat for a fat sac but also thinking about cutting into the cap and making a whole new bench and storage area on top of the gas tank... Any thoughts info or ideas?

zalamander
03-24-2012, 03:09 PM
I thought most had a swim locker up top? Here is what I did under the seat for heater and storage... 9192
There should be plenty of room for a seat sack under there I would think. maybe this one... http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-rear-seat-sac.html
Some pictures of what you're talking about would help out, but Good luck.

sitdownsteve
03-24-2012, 08:10 PM
ok like i said there is just ply wood under my cushions no storage, and in your pic there is nothing above your gas tank but in my pic there is

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f195/sitdownsteve/IMAG0508.jpg

suprasam
03-27-2012, 12:43 PM
sitdown, is that your rudder arm/steering in the picture? If not what is that? I only ask cause I have never had that open in my boat. Thanks

sitdownsteve
03-27-2012, 02:17 PM
Yes it is, I can get you a better picture if you want

a_deleon
03-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Looks like you are wondering the same thing I am. Mine is like that also but my seats had enough room to hide like life jackets under it. I am looking at trying to make that storage box removable to get back there withouth slide my tank out.

suprasam
03-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Sitdown, if you dont mind that would be perfect if you can get a better picture. My floors and stringers were done prior to me getting the boat, the owner didn't put an access cutout for the arm. It seems a little lose, so I was going to cut one in this weekend, and this gives me a better idea of where/how to do it. Thanks, and sorry I didn't mean to hi-jack your thread. This is going to help me better place the panel almost directly on top of the rudder/arm.