PDA

View Full Version : Supra Boat Owner Meet

TitanTn
03-24-2012, 01:44 PM
So Will (wspeedin) and I were talking about a Supra Meet this summer. He originally commented on my pics from Lake Jocassee and wondered about having a meet in that location. I'm going to be there twice this coming summer, so it's fine with me, but back home in Chattanooga may be a more centralized location for more people.

Let's chat about it. Interested in a meet? Where? From my perspective what I'm describing is a family-oriented gathering of Supra owners so we can meet in person, hang out, ski (board, whatever), and socialize. Nothing out of control by any means.

Here's the two locations that I'm throwing out for now:

Chattanooga - http://g.co/maps/tfq5j

Lake Jocassee - http://g.co/maps/r9cwn

bens250ex
03-24-2012, 03:34 PM
What about smith lake in Alabama ? Just throwing that out there too . Maybe my boat will be done and I can come out

michael hunter
03-24-2012, 11:48 PM
I was just thinking the same thing an owners reunion . Tenn is 140 miles SC. is 100 miles either one is good for me . Although lake Lanier GA would be best since its across the street. Count us in wherever it is. Any weekend except June 12 is good for me.

gogger
03-25-2012, 08:16 AM
I would be interested. Any chance you guys want to come to Ohio?

cadunkle
03-25-2012, 09:12 AM
Interested but not sure that distance will work for me this year. Wasn't there talk a while back about doing something at Deep Creek, MD?

gogger
03-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Looks like 7.5 hours from Columbus Ohio to Chattanooga. I can handle that. Obviously where ever it was to be held someone is going to have to drive a while to get there.

ddb0
03-25-2012, 03:53 PM
sounds like a blast to me i would love to come i would be driving out from cali though so we will see what happens

TitanTn
03-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Jocassee is a beautiful location and anyone who wants to come down, I'll coordinate one of my visits with you. But for our group, Chattanooga is a much more central location for those coming from the north or south. I'll pull together some options for the date and propose something to choose from.

Jetlink
03-25-2012, 07:57 PM
Not sure yet what we will be able to swing time wise, but the driving difference is only 2 hours between the two places with Chattanooga being closer of the two. Depending on free time, gas prices, dates and wife input I could be there.

michael hunter
03-26-2012, 12:05 AM
Is this open to Supras little brother Moomba ? If so I can post it on the Moomba Forum.

TitanTn
03-26-2012, 07:47 AM
Is this open to Supras little brother Moomba ? If so I can post it on the Moomba Forum.

I'd say bring them on. It's a family event and they're our cousins.

TitanTn
03-26-2012, 08:29 AM
Like Cousin Eddie in Christmas vacation. "You surprised to see us, Clark?"

LOL. Yeah, it would be a little awkward if the Moombas outnumbered the Supras at a Supra Reunion.

michael hunter
03-26-2012, 09:00 AM
LOL. Yeah, it would be a little awkward if the Moombas outnumbered the Supras at a Supra Reunion.

That very well could happen the Moomba forum is a lot more active than the Supra. The 4 reunions I attended in Fox Lake IL there was always a good showing by the Moomba boys. I will go ahead and post it there.

iwakeboard
03-26-2012, 09:07 AM
If it's in Chat Town I'd probably attend.

suprasam
03-26-2012, 09:24 AM
I am up for it.....from me Chattanooooooga is about 1.5 hours and I just came through there thinking about heading up there this summer(just posted about TN River).

TitanTn
03-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Okay. Here are some date options. Please choose a primary choice, and a backup choice.

1) June 9-10
2) June 16-17
3) July 7-8
4) August 4-5

I don't know if this thing will be one day, or two, but let's see if we can just get a weekend penciled in for now.

suprasam
03-26-2012, 10:37 AM
I am going to check with my wife tonight about dates, I am stoked about it! I might have a buddy come up with his boat (not Supra) but its ok....he can be the red headed step child for the weekend. The place your talking about is it the Harrison Bay area? Attached is a map, I was looking so I could see what camp sites were available....and any types of showers. Although if I shower before I leave, I should be good for the weekend right? Here is the map I found: http://tn.gov/environment/parks/HarrisonBay/pdf/parkmap.pdf

Jetlink
03-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Titan, Option 2 will probably work best for me, option 1 is the weekend right after I get back from my honeymoon and option 4 I'm already booked up in Michigan for a week on that sweet lake that most of my boat pics are from. Rain date for me would be option 3. I'll have to double check with she who must be obeyed though when she gets home from work. :D

gogger
03-26-2012, 09:47 PM
July 7/8 is the only weekend I would be able to make out of those four.

TitanTn
03-26-2012, 11:08 PM
I am going to check with my wife tonight about dates, I am stoked about it! I might have a buddy come up with his boat (not Supra) but its ok....he can be the red headed step child for the weekend. The place your talking about is it the Harrison Bay area? Attached is a map, I was looking so I could see what camp sites were available....and any types of showers. Although if I shower before I leave, I should be good for the weekend right? Here is the map I found: http://tn.gov/environment/parks/HarrisonBay/pdf/parkmap.pdf

Yeah, your buddy is welcome. We won't shun anyone... too much! Yes, I'm talking about starting from Harrison Bay. It's a big ramp, plenty of parking, lots of dock space. Plus the campground. I'll likely bring my camper for the weekend too. There are plenty of camp sites, showers, a restaurant, pool, etc. It's a great home base.

Jetlink
03-26-2012, 11:36 PM
Well, as long as the schedule permits, we are in for the weekends that I noted earlier, she approved of the two dates. Prefer the second weekend in June though as the the July 7-8 starts to bump up against my trip to Michigan to meet up with Mapleleaf for a weekend.

michael hunter
03-27-2012, 12:15 PM
I am already obligated the June 15 weekend any other will work for me.

michael hunter
03-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Okay. Here are some date options. Please choose a primary choice, and a backup choice.

1) June 9-10
2) June 16-17
3) July 7-8
4) August 4-5

I don't know if this thing will be one day, or two, but let's see if we can just get a weekend penciled in for now.

Two day is better for those that have to travel long distance not worth driving 300 plus miles for a day event. You can always leave early if needed.

Jetlink
03-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Two day is better for those that have to travel long distance not worth driving 300 plus miles for a day event. You can always leave early if needed.I have 670 miles in 12 hours of driving alone to get there from home, so more than one day will help make it easier to for me to enjoy the trip.

Okie Boarder
03-27-2012, 12:59 PM
Wish I was closer...that would be quite a haul for us.

michael hunter
03-27-2012, 05:46 PM
Wish I was closer...that would be quite a haul for us.

12 hours a little under 900 miles.

TitanTn
03-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Well it looks like the best date so far is:

July 7-8

I'd still like to hear from Will since he got me started on this. Clint has also mentioned coming down before so I hope this date works for everyone. Let's plan on this date for now.

Okie - think about the adventure. The family will have a ball!

86 century
03-27-2012, 07:36 PM
july 7-8 would work best for me
The 8th is my birthday so my wife would be ok with it

michael hunter
03-27-2012, 08:33 PM
July 7-8 works for me

Jetlink
03-27-2012, 09:05 PM
July 7th-8th works for me at the moment as well.

gogger
03-27-2012, 10:16 PM
The wifes birthday is the 17th of july so I will tell her we are celebrating early.

Loadup
03-28-2012, 07:51 AM
Im in for July 7 & 8, if you don't have a camper for the camp ground at Harrison park there is a new Holiday inn xpress and Marriott at exit 11 in Ooltewah.

michael hunter
03-28-2012, 08:34 AM
Im in for July 7 & 8, if you don't have a camper for the camp ground at Harrison park there is a new Holiday inn xpress and Marriott at exit 11 in Ooltewah.

Has the place been picked ? We will be camping should I set up reservations at Harrison Park?

TitanTn
03-28-2012, 08:54 AM
Has the place been picked ? We will be camping should I set up reservations at Harrison Park?

We will be using Harrison Bay State Park as home base. Ramps, parking, docks, campground, restaurant, pool, fuel, etc. You can't reserve in advance at the state park, but there's usually enough room unless you have specific requirements for a camping spot. I plan to go out Thursday and put my camper on a spot conducive to anchoring the boat. If you're coming in a tent, there'll be plenty of options throughout the campground. I'll be pulling some more details together soon, but for now, here are some links:

Google Map - http://g.co/maps/gywyx
Harrison Bay State Park - http://tn.gov/environment/parks/HarrisonBay/
Hotels in Ooltewah, TN - http://www.hotelsone.com/united-states-of-america-us/reservations-ooltewah-hotels.html?as=g&aid=7780281398&dsti=183973&dstt=1&label=ggcoeuen-bc183973&akw=ooltewah%20hotels&asrc=Search&ast=&gclid=CLSBi8DRia8CFQdN4AodVlFA9Q

suprasam
03-28-2012, 09:18 AM
I'm in for July 7th an 8th, we will be bringing the boat, tent, cooler, beer, beer possibly some steak to grill out! Is this place usually more packed because it is going to be so close to July 4th?

michael hunter
03-28-2012, 09:19 AM
Il be in a tent as long as there is a place to park the van and boat we will be fine . I see there is 3 sections where are you going to place the main event?

gogger
03-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Wife doesn't camp. Holiday in Express it is. I might just sleep in the Pirata's Love shack. lol.

TitanTn
03-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Il be in a tent as long as there is a place to park the van and boat we will be fine . I see there is 3 sections where are you going to place the main event?

There are actually four main camping sections. I have edited the park map with a red X in the approximate location that I'm going to try to get the camper and the boat. It may or may not work out. The area just below the red X that is shaped like a figure 8 is a spot dedicated to tent camping, although tents can camp anywhere throughout the campground.

http://unumemarketing.com/boat/fun/harrisonbaymap.jpg

I'm in for July 7th an 8th, we will be bringing the boat, tent, cooler, beer, beer possibly some steak to grill out! Is this place usually more packed because it is going to be so close to July 4th?

The summer is always a busy time, but I think we'll be okay because this is the weekend after the fourth. Who knows. It's hard to predict.

DAFF
03-29-2012, 12:41 AM
Well, as long as the schedule permits, we are in for the weekends that I noted earlier, she approved of the two dates. Prefer the second weekend in June though as the the July 7-8 starts to bump up against my trip to Michigan to meet up with Mapleleaf for a weekend.

Where are you meeting at?? Perhaps a more northern get together for some of us. Love to go to the other one but that is a long haul for a boat and camper.

86 century
03-29-2012, 02:24 AM
There are some nice lakes in northern indiana.

If you would like to put somthing together further north.

I second the long drive im looking at 8 hours.

TitanTn
03-29-2012, 07:25 AM
We're obviously going to have a tough time finding a location that works for everyone. We have people coming up from Georgia, so going further north is going to be an issue for them as well. I think it'd be cool if someone would do the same thing up in Chicago, or somewhere up north that gives guys an option. There should be two or three of these events every year, all over the country. Daff - we've got several Canadian members here, maybe you can recommend a centralized location for a northern meet.

michael hunter
03-29-2012, 10:59 AM
I just spoke to Don schnurr at Lauderdale Lakes Marine in Prairie Grove IL. He said they in the planning stages of a northern IL. southern WI. get together. There are no details or dates yet . I will keep you informed as the plans are made. His phone # is 815-788-1111 if you want to talk direct with him.

Jetlink
03-29-2012, 12:59 PM
I just spoke to Don schnurr at Lauderdale Lakes Marine in Prairie Grove IL. He said they in the planning stages of a northern IL. southern WI. get together. There are no details or dates yet . I will keep you informed as the plans are made. His phone # is 815-788-1111 if you want to talk direct with him.Ha, you are one step ahead of me. The only potential issue I can see is that the big water that seems like the logical place to host the meet is the chain, which you have to "pay to play" sort of. Seeing as how a meet like this would be in my back yard, I would be all for it as well.

michael hunter
03-29-2012, 01:49 PM
The last reunion I attended was done by Ultimate Wake [Chicago Sea Ray] in 2010 it was held on the fox river . I think there was a small charge to use the water. You gotta love IL with a charge for everything. You wouldn't believe what it costs to use the lakes here in GA.

csuggs
03-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Mike did you get the email I sent to you?
Clint

michael hunter
03-29-2012, 05:38 PM
No try [email protected]

gogger
03-29-2012, 09:02 PM
I plan on driving to Chattanooga. But would be happy to try to attend a more northern event. Plenty of Nice places in Ohio and you don't have to pay to use them.

TitanTn
03-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Just to clarify, you don't have to pay in Chattanooga either.

gogger
03-29-2012, 10:06 PM
I didn't think so. Thanks... Looking forward to heading down there.

Jetlink
03-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Just to clarify, you don't have to pay in Chattanooga either.Right, I was mentioning the Fox Chain of Lakes in northern Illinois is a pay to play place... However, there are plenty of other nice places to host a gathering in northern Illinois. In fact, the Rock River in Rockford is fantastic in my opinion. Not too overly crowded and no fees to use anything there.

iwakeboard
04-03-2012, 08:09 AM
I'd be down for any of the dates aside from the August dates.

michael hunter
04-17-2012, 09:22 PM
So the date and location is locked in . Maybe its time to start a head count?

Mike & Gail Hunter + dog 89 Sunsport July 6 -10

gogger
04-17-2012, 09:51 PM
Scott and Janet Woodland and at least the Chihuahua, but the border collies will probably come along to. Frank is smart enough to be our spotter.

haugy
04-17-2012, 09:56 PM
Alright, late to the party. Where and when is this going down? If it's Chattanooga, I'm in.

michael hunter
04-17-2012, 10:01 PM
Scott and Janet Woodland and at least the Chihuahua
Haugy

TitanTn
04-17-2012, 10:44 PM
Well I'll obviously be there with my family. A wife and two kids. So this is what I'm seeing so far:

Haugy
Rob & Angi Howell + 2 kids
Ngavdba (not letting you chicken out)

Jetlink
04-18-2012, 12:51 AM
Still gotta see how schedules play out...after all, I will have to return to work at some point in time...and that alone is over a month long process. Hoping to have the free time. Will be just the new wifey and myself if we make it, though am also afraid of critiques from Haugy...

ridein04
04-18-2012, 08:14 AM
This sounds like a lot of fun. We just bought a "new" 2001 Legacy, and would love to meet some of you guys. Count Troy, my wife Angela, and kids Grace and Alexa in! You all have already been a big help, answers to all kinds of questions on here...love it!
Thanks,
Troy

TitanTn
04-18-2012, 08:20 AM
Welcome aboard Troy; to Supra ownership, the forum, and to our Supra meet this summer. Glad you're bringing the whole family. Where are you coming from?

TitanTn
04-18-2012, 08:21 AM
Still gotta see how schedules play out...after all, I will have to return to work at some point in time...and that alone is over a month long process. Hoping to have the free time. Will be just the new wifey and myself if we make it, though am also afraid of critiques from Haugy...

We may have to limit Haugy to just one critique per boat...

TitanTn
04-18-2012, 08:24 AM
So looking back through this discussion, I've added a few more that indicated they'd come.

Haugy
Suprasam
Gogger
Loadup
Ridein04 - Troy, Angela, two kids

haugy
04-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Uh oh! I'm afraid to come up now. Afraid of returning home after the weekend with a list of To-Dos upon further inspection from Haugy.

We may have to limit Haugy to just one critique per boat...

:D :D The irony is since I had a newborn at the same time as I got the Saltare, mine is WAY far from as good as most of y'alls. I would never critique someone's boat. But if you ask advice, I will tell you how to get it there right. ;) Mine is far from perfect, so who am I to judge. Bring out the fleet guys!!!

csuggs
04-18-2012, 09:22 AM
So looking back through this discussion, I've added a few more that indicated they'd come.

Haugy
Suprasam
Gogger
Loadup
Ridein04 - Troy, Angela, two kids

Man, I REALLY wish I could join all you guys. Unfortunately I've got previous commitments on the 7th. I'll be cooking around 3000 hotdogs that Saturday for our annual "KidsFest" event that we hold at the city park. This is a christian outreach to children in the community.

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac71/csuggs/DSC03553.jpg

suprasam
04-18-2012, 09:45 AM
Csuggs.....thats awsome man, huge pat on the back for helping to put something like that on!

ridein04
04-18-2012, 01:41 PM
Welcome aboard Troy; to Supra ownership, the forum, and to our Supra meet this summer. Glad you're bringing the whole family. Where are you coming from?
We are in Franklin, Ky north of Nashville, just across the border.

TitanTn
04-18-2012, 01:56 PM
We are in Franklin, Ky north of Nashville, just across the border.

Oh yeah, I'm familiar with Franklin. I've played Kenny Perry's course there in Franklin, and I have many friends that went to Highland Academy in Portland.

Glad to have you coming down to Chattanooga.

michael hunter
04-19-2012, 07:39 AM
9 boats so far I will post on the moomba forum and see if there is any interest there.

1-Mike & Gail Hunter + dog 89 Sunsport July 6 -10
2-Scott and Janet Woodland and at least the Chihuahua
3-Haugy
4-Rob & Angi Howell + 2 kids
5-Ngavdba (not letting you chicken out)
6-Suprasam
7-Gogger
8-Loadup
9-Ridein04 - Troy, Angela, two kids

haugy
04-19-2012, 09:02 AM
It'll be me and my wife if we are going for accuracy. But that's if she doesn't kill me first. Then it'll just be her. :)

michael hunter
04-19-2012, 07:22 PM
1-Mike & Gail Hunter + dog 89 Sunsport July 6 -10
2-Scott and Janet Woodland and at least the Chihuahua
3-Haugy & Wife or just Wife
4-Rob & Angi Howell + 2 kids
5-Ngavdba (not letting you chicken out)
6-Suprasam
7-Gogger
8-Loadup
9-Ridein04 - Troy, Angela, two kids

Loadup
06-01-2012, 11:44 AM
This is still on the calender and looking forward to it.

bamabonners
06-02-2012, 12:40 AM
If I have a supra then, we may come up for a day. Just putting our boat on the market, then will have to find a supra to buy. Coming from Huntsville.

TitanTn
06-02-2012, 08:25 AM
If I have a supra then, we may come up for a day. Just putting our boat on the market, then will have to find a supra to buy. Coming from Huntsville.

Well if you sell yours, then this is a good motivation for finding another one real quick! Hope you can make it.

michael hunter
06-02-2012, 02:22 PM
If you dont have a boat by then come anyway we have room and Ill bet you wont have trouble getting a pull from the others.