PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Near or been to TN River or Nickajack Lake?

suprasam
03-26-2012, 09:15 AM
I was coming back from Chi-town yesterday, and I have seen this before.....but I passed the TN River and Nickajack lake. Do those combine or are they just close together over in the area of hwy 75? I was thinking about bring my boat up there for a long weekend, camp out and hang out on either the river or lake and was hoping for some ideas on the lake/river. Thanks

TitanTn
03-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Nickajack Lake is part of the TN River. Just like Chickamauga Lake in Chattanooga is part of the TN River. You could put in the river at Nickajack and head north all the way to Knoxville, or go south to either the Mississippi River or the Gulf of Mexico. If you're coming up from Cartersville, it'd be better to just go to Chickamauga/Harrison Bay area in Chattanooga. It looks like we'll be having a Supra Reunion this summer in Chattanooga, so if you can come up, I'll show you around.

haugy
03-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Just watch out when you get above Nickajack damn. Just past the interstate bridge, stick to the channel. There is a submerged railroad bridge under water.

That was probably the funniest radio call I've heard in a while........

"Calling northbound vessel, this is Lady Luck (barge)"

"This is......, go ahead Lady Luck"

"You do realize there is a bridge right there right?"

"Yeah, we just went under it"

"No, you're just about to drive over it. Underwater bridge dead ahead of you, 6 ft under"

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!"

Never seen a boat stop and turn faster. :D (I was in a boat that draws 4.5' at the keel, 6' with props.)

TitanTn
03-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Good one Haugy. That's one of the big reasons I suggested going to Chickamauga instead of Nickajack. Too much shallow water to deal with down there.