PDA

View Full Version : Any one from or near ohio?

gogger
03-26-2012, 09:55 PM
Just curious if anyone is near me that come to the board. Would be fun to have someone nearby to meet up with.

csuggs
03-26-2012, 09:58 PM
Where in Ohio?

gogger
03-26-2012, 10:00 PM
I am just a little south of Columbus.

DAFF
03-26-2012, 10:26 PM
I'm 30 miles north of Toledo. Just the other side of lake Erie.:D Not many in my neck of the woods either.

gogger
03-26-2012, 10:34 PM
We go up to Swanton, Ohio several times a year for horse shows. Do you usually go out on the Lake "erie" or do you go somewhere else? When I was a kid we used to go out walleye fishing every weekend on my aunt and uncles big cabin cruiser. Old wooden chris craft.

Sluggo
03-28-2012, 08:25 AM
I as well as one other (I think he is still here) are in Dayton. There are also a few from the Cincy area too. I usually run on Eastwood Lake or Caesar Creek Lake. We have been on the Sciota and Alum Creek in the past as my brother lives in Dublin.

CincyLaunch
03-28-2012, 09:18 AM
We're down here in Cincinnati. Frequently run up and down the river.

gogger
03-28-2012, 07:42 PM
Never been to Caesar Creek or Eastwood. But would like to check them out.

gogger
03-28-2012, 07:43 PM
We cross the river all the time headed to louisville. Might try the river this summer.

csl
03-28-2012, 11:14 PM
We are just north of Dayton near Troy Ohio. For local lakes we usually head to CJ Brown in Springfield or Eastwood.

Ironcross25
03-29-2012, 01:05 PM
Im in uniontown, just south of akron

pap
03-29-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm east of Columbus, typically on Salt Fork.

So when is everyone going to get out this spring - I've been tempted already!

Sluggo
03-30-2012, 02:31 PM
CJ Brown is pretty good, but basically bowl shaped like Caeser Creek, St Mary's, and Indian Lake. Eastwood is not much better and you have to put up with only being able to get out on even numbered days. Odd days are for sail boats and pwc's. I have seen a few private lakes around and I am just wondering what it would take to get permission to ride them. Not sure my van could handle getting my boat in and out of a lake with a dirt or improvised ramp though. Would be a good excuse to upgrade to a 4x4 truck though, lol.

I have been itching to get started on a couple projects, but I am still working down the honey do list on yard and other typical spring things. My crew is pretty fair weather, so they probably won't be ready to middle or late May.

Oh, and the park rangers at Eastwood remind me of the "Central Park Rangers" from the movie Elf.

gogger
03-30-2012, 04:20 PM
We are about 15 minutes from Deer Creek so that is where we will probalby go the majority of the time. It is actually pretty nice. Not real big, it use to be a lot more popular, but last few times I was there it wasn't very crowded at all.

I hope to get the Pirata out some time in May. I might try sooner, just as a test run. Picked up the license today. Need to order the numbers for the boat for the registration #.

csl
03-31-2012, 06:25 AM
sluggo looks like you know eastwood pretty well. I think they sit on the dock and wait for every boat. Everyone I know that has been there gets checked. We haven't found a place
local that isn't rough at times. You have to pick the right times to show up. Weekday evenings usually seem pretty good. Weekends at CJ, you may as well anchor and swim. :mad:

gogger
03-31-2012, 09:30 PM
Maybe one weekend we should have an Ohio get together.

mogre33
04-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Im In Cincy. Usually hit Ohio River, Caesars Creek, Brookville and eastfork. Have several trips planned for Norris lake, Cumberland and dale hollow.

CincyLaunch
04-11-2012, 08:01 PM
I'll second the Ohio get together. mogre which section of the Ohio do you usually ride. Its been warm enough for us to take some sets. I'm from the west side but I've rode the whole river from the Meldahl locks to the Markland.

bluegrass
04-14-2012, 01:37 AM
I'll be moving back to northern Kentucky this winter, and plan to have my boat on Williamstown Lake.