PDA

View Full Version : roswell swivel supra wake board racks

dickboxers
04-03-2012, 05:33 PM
I was trying to find a matching skylon wakeboard rack for my boat and can only find one for $300 where as i paid $80 for the one i got. (should of bought two). Anyway i found a pair of supra engraved roswell swivel wakeboard racks, but i dont know how they mount. I have a old supra comp with a new diminsions tower on it like the picture. I also posted the picture of the rack. Does anyone know if i could mount these on my tower, and/or can post some pictures of how they have theirs mounted.

Thanks,
Richard

Sluggo
04-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Here a pic of mine when it had that version of racks on it. The block the rack mounts to is welded on the tower, so not sure how you would mount these without that block???9293

wspeedin
04-04-2012, 08:34 AM
I believe Roswell makes a tube clamp that has the mounting for the swivel style rack.
just goto their website and search for it.
Now if you decide you dont want it than let me know. It would look great on my Roswell Tower :)

dickboxers
04-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Sluggo or anyone else who has had these racks,

Can you give me a rating on them. Did they work very good as far as holding two boards at once. Thats why i was looking for a new one because the other one i have besides the skylon can only hold one board good even thought it is made for two. Does the swiveling racks make it easier to get the boards.

Sluggo
04-04-2012, 03:01 PM
I have never had an issue with putting two boards in except my daughters 114 where the boots are too close together. Even then I just put it in with one boot between the prongs. The biggest issue I and others have had with the model you have is the mechanism that locks the swivel in place will eventually loosen up and start moving and rattling. If you keep the locking screws in them all the time, then you might be able to extend their life, but I was pretty religious about locking them when towing and just from choppy water mine did not last more than a couple years. I started with the pins that you had to keep lubricated and that was a mess, then ones you have, then finally went to the single pin that is attached to the swivel with a wire and now all is good. Not as fancy as the other two designs, but this one works and does not show any signs of wear or loosening/ratteling.

BrianH
03-07-2013, 06:08 PM
I would reccomend going to a new set of racks that use the Universal Clamp and SI Swivel for your set up. The racks you are showing were used for a couple of years, but a lot of folks have been switching them out because they did loosen up over time. With the new SI Swivel there is a pressure plate that keeps them from rattling and the pin system is very simple vs the push button Motion Swivel which is used on the rack you are showing.