PDA

View Full Version : 2005 22ssv Floor Removal to access fuel tank..How to?

1028jdn
04-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Ok so I got some bent tracking fins and yes they are bent really bad so I need to remove them and try to straighten them out or just replace them, but I don't know how to get the floor boards out to get to the fuel tank to remove it to access the nuts holding them from the top. Great engineering design SUPRA, WTF. When you got to tear half the boat apart to get to eight bolts, that is piss pour. Anyway I can see the outline of the panels from inside the boat but I didn't want to tear something up by prying on stuff, are there hidden screws.

jzelt
04-04-2012, 10:43 AM
On our 04, there are 4 screws for each (hidden under the carpet in each corner of each panel). Take a screw driver and poke around and should be able to find the heads. (philips).

kevkev
04-04-2012, 12:06 PM
I have an 07, and to gain access to my fuel tank you remove the 4 screws in each panel. I have to remove my drivers seat bracket in order to access the last screw on the front panel. The rear panel is slightly recessed under the back seat so you have to pry it up and slide it towards the front in order to remove it. My panels were a very tight fit, I did have to pry them up after the screws were removed in order to lift them. They are an aluminum frame so be careful of the carpet but you won't hurt the panels.

docdrs
04-04-2012, 12:45 PM
Had to remove captains chair on my 09 21V

1028jdn
04-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Thanks y'all so the screws are on top under the carpet in the corners right? Has anyone had to replace those tracking fins too. Mine are bent pretty bad and have been since I bought the boat last year from previous owner. If so how much are they in case I bust one trying to bend it back?