PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find the fuel filter on a 2007 340 Cat engine

rtpaxton2
04-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Does anyone know where the fuel filter is on the 2007 340 Cat engine (24SSV)? My last boat had a canister filter, but from what I'm reading here Supra uses an inline filter? Any pictures would also be appreciated!

Thanks!

csleaver
04-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Look in the engine compartment on the starboard side near the vdrive. It should be an inline filter for 1/2 hose.

rtpaxton2
04-23-2012, 07:06 PM
I will look, but the only thing I have found that is fuel related in that area is the second fuel pump that was installed to overcome the vapor lock issue. Is it possible that the dealer replaced the fuel filter with the second pump and did not put another filter inline? I don't see that the second fuel pump has a canister filter or anything like that on it either. I will look again just to make sure that I am not overlooking it.

cigars n scotch
04-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Paxton, I have an '08 21v and I think they began changing things in '09 so yours should be the same as mine.

Remove the rear seat that butts against the engine and the carpeted step box covering your vdrive and tranny. It should be on the left side (though starboard in actuality). You'll see the hose running to your fuel tank. Here's a pic after I changed mine.

iwakeboard
04-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Yup, I don't believe your dealer would replace the in-line fuel filter simply because of a second fuel pump. The fuel filter should be in-line, on the starboard side of the V-drive. My '05 24SSV has a little holster that secures it in place and it is screwed into the wall there. I don't have the Cat engine, but I do have the 340 Indmar, I assume they'd be in the same place

wolff
04-24-2012, 05:05 PM
On my 21V they installed the 2nd fuel pump and then i have about 6" of gas line then the inline filter The only bad part it it sits on the bottom of the boat i just replaced it because it was all rusty.

i now zip tie it up off the floor of the boat.

I would say follow the gas line to the motor it has to be between the pump and motor.