PDA

View Full Version : iPod hookup 2011 21v

h2oboy22
04-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Anyone have a creative way for hooking up iPod to 2011 21v? The aux-in jack is in the glove box so in order for the driver to control iPod we have to run long cable across from glove box to driver. Is there a way to plug into back of head unit and then I could run the wire under the dash and up by the drivers area so the wire wouldn't be in the way? Ideally I wish the jack by the driver had a aux-in but unfortunately it doesn't. If anyone has a good solution I would appreciate any thoughts.

docdrs
04-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Or run a 16 ft patch cable thru the batt compartment , down thru your floor storage, up thru the back of your helm to your cockpit. Or get yourself a parametric equalizer so you can also control your towers independently from your boat speakers.

Diggs
04-09-2012, 10:32 AM
There are a few different stereo systems in 2011. They early ones were the black box (MB Quart) and the later ones were Clarion I think. Do you know which one you have?

h2oboy22
04-09-2012, 11:28 AM
I have the MB Quart.

kevkev
04-09-2012, 01:00 PM
I am not sure about the MB Quart, but with my 07 (early ipod years) i have a Kenwood system and after about 15 minutes researching i found an ipod cable that plugged into the rear of the head unit which allows me to control my ipod either in the glove box, at drivers seat, or transom remote. So i would assume in 2011 there should definitely be a spot in the back of the head unit to hook a cable up. I bought mine online for $20.

Diggs
04-10-2012, 11:58 AM
The MB Quart is a black box. There is an interface you can buy to control the ipod through the dash I think. I never really understood the system, but if you google that MB Quart Black Box model you have you will see the details. I think you have to buy the IPOD interface, to have full control, but I am not entirely sure. I never really understood that and most dealers did not either cause they only used that system for a limited time and then got away from the black boxes.

tg0824SSVGG
04-14-2012, 11:34 AM
I have put a wetsounds ws420 in both my last 2 boats. The iPod plugs into this next to the driver. You do have a lot of cables to run for this, but it gives you a lot of control over in-boat and tower speakers from the equalizer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk