PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Slash Cut exhaust tips... Supra Saltare

Blitanicle99
04-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Looking to do a set of Slash cut, chrome exhaust tips... Mine are old, rubber and crappy looking.

Any idea if anyone has done this? What size will I need and I'm assuming, take out the bolts, cut the caulking... remove old... re-seal new ones and put bolts in and I'm golden?

I'm sure they will be a bit louder, but that's okay... I'm young.

Something similar to this...

http://www.knbsupply.com/ancutexti.html

sybrmike
04-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Depends on the year & configuration - some early Salts had Supertrapps & late 80's switched to mufflers and rubber flaps like on my 89. If you've got mufflers and flaps, the black plastic flange that the flaps clamp onto has a tubular section that projects through the transom (like shown in your reference link) and the muffler clamps directly onto the other end. You'd have to remove the ski locker & gas tank to access that joint. You can check for mufflers by lifting the flap & shining a flashlight up the ole exhaust wazoo - the baffles are easy to see if you have mufflers. Straight tips won't effect the sound much with mufflers in place. Sorry, don't remember if they're 3 or 4"

Jetlink
04-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Big block = 4 inch, small block = 3 inch, cue the size jokes, Titan, Lively, anyone???

Blitanicle99
04-13-2012, 03:14 PM
Depends on the year & configuration - some early Salts had Supertrapps & late 80's switched to mufflers and rubber flaps like on my 89. If you've got mufflers and flaps, the black plastic flange that the flaps clamp onto has a tubular section that projects through the transom (like shown in your reference link) and the muffler clamps directly onto the other end. You'd have to remove the ski locker & gas tank to access that joint. You can check for mufflers by lifting the flap & shining a flashlight up the ole exhaust wazoo - the baffles are easy to see if you have mufflers. Straight tips won't effect the sound much with mufflers in place. Sorry, don't remember if they're 3 or 4"

She's got 4 inch apparently but I think I have mufflers. And dangit! Guess that's a project for next year. Anybody ever removed the mufflers easily? I need to show those fan boys that the ole' girl's gotta mean side to her too :)

TitanTn
04-16-2012, 03:31 PM
Big block = 4 inch, small block = 3 inch, cue the size jokes, Titan, Lively, anyone???

I told my wife that 4 inches was a big block!

Oh, you didn't mean that kind of joke... sorry. Couldn't resist.