PDA

View Full Version : Fire Extinguisher

chautauquasun
04-14-2012, 10:49 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a fire extinguisher that will fill into the extinguisher holder on a 1984 Supra Rider. I think all of the early 80 models had this feature on the starboard side of the boat. I have an extinguisher but it is too big to fit into the holder. Anyone have any ideas where I can find a new one that will fit? Strange request I know...but I figured since I can't really take the thing out I should put it back into use.

thanks
Dan

csuggs
04-17-2012, 03:03 PM
I had the same problem finding an extinguisher to fit that holder, which is why I have a storage pocket in place of the old brown extinguisher bracket. You can see the pocket behind the motor, where the extinguisher used to be.

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac71/csuggs/181c0024.jpg

suprasam
04-17-2012, 03:28 PM
Mine also has the Starboard side holder, I think Walmart has the ones that will fit in. It was in there Marine section, near the auto stuff. I know I saw a couple there last year and I meant to pick one but never did. So try there first.

BTW....That motor is FILTHY! You should be ashamed letting your motor looking that way! I mean damn, did it come straight from the box like that? I knew mine looked like crap, but now I feel like I need to paint the manifolds, and everything before taking her out next weekend.

csuggs
04-18-2012, 10:05 PM
My buddy. The side pocket was my idea and I find it very useful. I just never liked the fire extinguisher in that location, but nothing wrong with it. No problem with rigidity either. But he's not really "my buddy". Come on, man.

87SunSportMikeyD
04-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Mine fits in the original fire ext holder. I will get a pic. Just got it at Target I think...

csuggs
04-19-2012, 06:18 AM
Ooops! Hit a nerve. Wasn't meant as an insult Clint. Mine was in there the same time yours was. "Buddy" was throwing ideas at me and I wasn't buying. Didn't mean to offend your idea if I did so. Just not for me, you know that.
I just don't give any mention to his name on here or in my household. My bad.

Now will you please put the cover back on that beautiful engine so I will stop staring at it?

I know you didn't mean to insult and after I wrote that I thought maybe i should have left it alone. No harm, no foul. I understand your disappointment in "our" buddy because although I'm happy with things now, I lost a lot of sleep 2 years ago. Not to mention a weeks vacation and $ spent while working in his shop getting things finished.