PDA

View Full Version : Sunsport Vs Sunsport skier what's the difference?

wiatowski
04-18-2012, 08:41 PM
The questions in the title... How about it Haugy guru of all that is Supra....I need some schooling as to what it is that I own. :)

Thanks

wiatowski
04-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Anyone?????

csuggs
04-19-2012, 09:57 PM
I also have the 86 Sunsport Skier. The best I can tell is possibly there is some difference in the windshields, but that may not be true because quite honestly I think Supra used various windshields on the same models and years, depending on what was available. It may very well be that it's just a name. During the 80s the Comp was "all that", while I think the Sunsport was basically considered by many as an "inboard runabout" without what it takes to be a true competition ski boat. The "skier" name tagged onto Sunsport may have been there only to create an image for the Sunsport model. Of course we know now that the Sunsport was really ahead of its time, only no one knew it! How's that for a theory? Or it could be that there are really some differences . . .
Mike Hunter - help?

michael hunter
04-20-2012, 12:11 AM
I think CSuggs pretty much got it right I dont know of any difference other than the name. In the book that came with my 89 it says its a inboard runabout.

wiatowski
04-20-2012, 12:13 AM
Interesting... so in other words it was just to boost sales.... I have noticed the windshield differences though.