PDA

View Full Version : What you rollin' on?

kvand347
04-18-2012, 08:57 PM
I just bought a pair of Kumho Radial 857's for my trailer. It was the only 14" tire that I could find that is load range d. I have a single axle trailer (not designed for ski boat) and the PO had tires that were load range c.

What do you guys have? I know most of you have dual axle trailers, but I'd be curious to what the single axle guys are running on. Please include rim size.

Jetlink
04-18-2012, 09:09 PM
Towmax tires myself, not exactly sure the model but I am beyond pleased with them. Worth every penny! They never really lose air, the ride nice, follow the truck well and they aren't wearing out prematurely. If I had to guess, I have over 3,000 miles on them so far. If I ever have to replace the tires on the trailer again, I will gladly go back to towmax.

kvand347
04-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Towmax tires myself, not exactly sure the model but I am beyond pleased with them. Worth every penny! They never really lose air, the ride nice, follow the truck well and they aren't wearing out prematurely. If I had to guess, I have over 3,000 miles on them so far. If I ever have to replace the tires on the trailer again, I will gladly go back to towmax.

Are you a single or double axle?

Jetlink
04-18-2012, 11:40 PM
9528Single axle, way easy to move the comp around in the driveway that way. A double axle trailer might look sweet under my boat but it makes it more difficult to move it without friends and I think I would get hit with an even greater toll rate on the tollway as well.

kvand347
04-19-2012, 09:41 AM
I hear you on the tolls. We went down to Elk Grove over Easter and I could not believe how much tolls are now!! Last time I drove through the tolls were like $0.60. We went through one that was $3! I was in the Avey so every toll person was looking to see if I was towing something. Also, my brother and I noticed how few personal pickup trucks are down there. If you came up by me, I'd say it's a pretty even split between cars and trucks.

KG's Supra24
04-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Every time i see the thread title I think of ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whPkYxFloPA

jet
04-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Dude..my toll tags are $330 a month. Thats higher than my electric bill!! Truck, car, boat and motorcycle trailer. Its like $8-$9 a trip out and back on the tollway. I would like to toll the FFFFN polititions everytime they sit there FAT you know what on there toilets just for some payback. Dont get me started!!

oops, sorry for that rant. lol. Im rolling on BFG radials.

Jetlink
04-19-2012, 01:13 PM
We have been getting creative with route planning so as to avoid tolls when able. When we drive from the suburbs out to Rockford, I end up taking route 20. Only adds about 30-45 minutes to the travel time, saves me probably $8 one way. Anyways, as I said, Towmax is what I am using and love them, also helps that the dealer that installed them is super cool too. Had a leaky valve stem after I had them installed, slow leak. He paid for the shop I ended up at while on vacation to look at it and fix it.

kvand347
04-19-2012, 01:22 PM
$330 a month? Wow! That's downright crazy! I always wondered how much the ipass crap is. I'll keep to my "free" (yeah right) WI roads and free launches too! I don't know how you fellas keep up with the cost of living down there. Must make a helluva lot more money than me!

Jetlink
04-19-2012, 02:11 PM
The I-Pass is not all that bad really. I think it's $40 to lease the transponder and then the toll rates are effectively cut in half what you are paying right now. I have not looked recently but I doubt that my I-Pass total per month between 3 cars, the motorcycle and the occasional trips with the boat ever come close to $100/month. And, yes, we are on the tollways every day, heck my fiance hits four tolls in one day on her commute.

haugy
04-19-2012, 02:59 PM
"What you rollin' on?"

Ummmm tires?

kvand347
04-20-2012, 03:53 PM
"What you rollin' on?"

Ummmm tires?

:shock:

I see you are a smart a$$ just like me. I think we would get along just fine!

KO21v
04-21-2012, 09:08 AM
I have Michelins. I up-sized my rims to 16" so I can run heavy Load E truck tires. All of my trailes run the same size tires (NOW), makes it nice if I need a quick replacement.