PDA

View Full Version : Wakeplate gauge issue on a 05 21v

luke22885
04-23-2012, 11:14 AM
So i bought my new to me boat in November and the gauge was working fine. Used the boat a couple times this year so far and sometimes the gauge works sometimes it doesnt. First time out this year it didnt work so at end of weekend i topped off the resovoir with fluid which seemed to solve the problem until i put the boat in again. Anyone have this issue before or any advice on what to check next?

cgutzmer
04-23-2012, 12:28 PM
I have the same problem with my 08 SSV with only 30 hours on the boat the wake plate gauge starting jumping around. The dealer says the gauge is broke and needs to be fixed. Warranty doesnt cover this. I know right boat is like new and a gauge is broke already. I think the gauge is only like $70 from the dealer I plan to just replace it myself. Let me know if you find anything out on how to fix this?

luke22885
04-25-2012, 10:38 AM
Ok I was thinking about trying to get a new gauge as well since the plate goes up and down with no issues but just was trying to see if there was something else to look at before i did so.

DAFF
04-25-2012, 04:13 PM
What is the typicial fluid in the wake plate?? Mine works but sounds like it is low in fluid. NTM the guage is stuck on zero....

OneCent
05-18-2012, 08:04 AM
yeah, my wake plate died last year (2008 21V9) - lost all Oil and &%ç%&.... maybe there was a reason supra changed to electric.

CornRickey
05-18-2012, 10:38 AM
Mine takes ATF. I had the same issue with my gauge. I followed the hot wire from the gauge to the fuse block (mine was a pink wire) and cleaned the connection. It fixed the issue for me. With mine I got a little screwed up not realizing that the ignition has to be on for the gauge to work but the actual tab only needs the battery on.