PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Engine Version

CornRickey
04-23-2012, 01:17 PM
I'm trying to ID a engine in a 2003 launch 22ssv. I understand there are several version. Carb, spfi , mpfi and mpfi ho. The one I'm looking at is multiport with a red alum. Spark arrester cover that's pretty large. Is there a spec plate for these that lists there HP? Also there's a chance that the motor is different than what was offered because it was a special order/built boat in 2002. Thanks, I'm looking forward to learning more about it.

CornRickey
04-26-2012, 09:45 AM
No one can tell me how to ID if a Indmar is a 325 or a 340 HP?

lively
04-26-2012, 12:07 PM
how about a picture ? the best way to identify any block (engine) is by the block stamp , usually located under the cylinder head on the left side looking at the (engine) ..
from there you can either call skiers choice , Google .. etc , once you identify that then you can view all the spec's you want that was built buy the manufacture ..

or better yet why don't you research the HULL ID and find out where the boat came from , and who built it ... etc

docdrs
04-26-2012, 06:22 PM
I'm trying to ID a engine in a 2003 launch 22ssv. I understand there are several version. Carb, spfi , mpfi and mpfi ho. The one I'm looking at is multiport with a red alum. Spark arrester cover that's pretty large. Is there a spec plate for these that lists there HP? Also there's a chance that the motor is different than what was offered because it was a special order/built boat in 2002. Thanks, I'm looking forward to learning more about it.

If its a carb your fuel lines will run into the carb. If its TBI then there will be 2 or 4 injectors on top of the throttle body inside the flame arrestor. MPFI will have fuel rails with 4 injectors on either side of the intake manifold. Then you have to look at the exhaust manifold to see if its old school or a tune port exhaust which would be the 340. I doubt it is the high output corvette engine (pricey option) but you never know. The OP sure would know. .02 Find the serial number on the engine and call Indmar...they will let ya know

CornRickey
04-26-2012, 11:14 PM
I emailed Indmar and replied in about an hour. Thanks.