PDA

View Full Version : Direct Drive Launch - Thoughts, Reviews, Opinions??

mmiklos
04-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Looking to maybe get back into a direct drive with a tower - looking for some feedback on the Direct Drive Launch's - 2004+. The good and the bad, what to watch for or things to avoid! Most probably think I'm crazy, our current boat is a 2004 Super Air Nautique Team 210 - I love the v-drive and boat, but I do not wake board . . . I have bad knees, my daughter is 5 and I am working with her on the skis and would like the ability to run a boom. Just looking for a good family boat!

Thanks,
Matt

Jetlink
04-25-2012, 01:49 PM
There are options to run a boom off of the short pylon that sits just in front of your engine cover. It brings the boom well forward of that to get the rider out of the spray, might be an option worth looking into.

scotthons
04-26-2012, 12:58 PM
My uncle has the below DD Launch. I am not sure what model it is, but I believe it is a '99. This boat is what got me looking into Supra's in the first place. For a DD I think it throws a great wake. Not the best for slalom if that is what you might be getting into. They have enjoyed it as a family boat. Their kids are now 15 and 18 and they have had many great years with it.