PDA

View Full Version : Raising driver seat ideas?

oilking
04-25-2012, 06:51 PM
I want to raise the drivers seat on my 94 La brisa which will help me see when driving and make it easier to get in and out of driver seat. I have seen a few post from others saying they have raised their seat but not saying how, also wondering how much guys have gone. I probably can rig up some blocking to lift seat but wondering if anyone has any pic or ideas how to do this? swivel seat? storage under seat? any tips, ideas or pics would be helpful.

chrisk
04-25-2012, 08:52 PM
I want to say that I remember seeing that someone constructed a lift out of wood and built some storage into it and painted it black. Couldn't tell ya where I remember seeing that though : )

suprasam
04-26-2012, 10:09 AM
My seat isn't the standard captain seat and mine is raised. I will grab a picture for you tonight and post to give you an idea of what I did. Mine does swival.

DAFF
04-26-2012, 10:15 PM
For inspiration have a look at the Launch series boats. Supra did a good job adressing this issue in the newer line up of boats.

suprasam
04-27-2012, 12:35 PM
9623Here is what I did....not sure if you can tell really by the bad picture. My seat is an after market seat, and is raised about 10inches from floor to the bottom of the seat. Mine swivals, I bought 10inch seat stand from West Marine and then bought the swival portion from them as well. I think both were around 45.00 out the door if I remember correctly. I hope this helps, let me know if you need a better picture or more close up.