PDA

View Full Version : How Supra Trade-In Works

Board001
04-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Some of the modifications on the 2012 Supra's are great and I have heard they plan to come out with a new bow design for 2013. All of this has me thinking about moving into a new ride. So, how does the Supra trade-in work? I have a fully loaded 2008 Sunsport 20V. The kids are bigger so I think it is also time for a larger boat. Thanks

thescott
04-30-2012, 04:08 PM
If you're talking about the "Trade-In" link on the top of the page, I'm pretty sure that's just a way for Supra to get your info over to a local dealer. My guess is that you would then go through a trade in process like any other. IMHO, if you own the boat outright, you'd be better off selling to a private party. I haven't hear of many people being happy with the value placed on their boat/car/motorcycle, etc. when going the trade-in route.

csuggs
05-02-2012, 10:21 PM
1. Pick out the new boat you want.
2. Take your old boat to the bank and fill it with money.
3. The dealer will then trade with you. :D

cigars n scotch
05-03-2012, 12:55 PM
1. Pick out the new boat you want.
2. Take your old boat to the bank and fill it with money.
3. The dealer will then trade with you. :D

This made me chuckle. :)

rtpaxton2
06-05-2012, 08:16 PM
If you're talking about the "Trade-In" link on the top of the page, I'm pretty sure that's just a way for Supra to get your info over to a local dealer. My guess is that you would then go through a trade in process like any other. IMHO, if you own the boat outright, you'd be better off selling to a private party. I haven't hear of many people being happy with the value placed on their boat/car/motorcycle, etc. when going the trade-in route.

You will almost always get more for your boat by selling it yourself. The advantage to trading it in, in most states, is you get to deduct your trade in from the amount of sales tax you pay.

Another route you might consider, is ask the dealer you are purchasing from if you can bring the buyer for your boat in and run the deal through the dealer. Doing it this way, you get more for your trade AND get the tax discount, the paper work is done correctly, and your dealer sells two boats. (The dealer will probably want to tack on a $100 or $200 to do the deal, but its worth it.... as long as your state does not prohibit transactions of this nature)

Zim
04-10-2013, 12:57 PM
You will almost always get more for your boat by selling it yourself. The advantage to trading it in, in most states, is you get to deduct your trade in from the amount of sales tax you pay.

Another route you might consider, is ask the dealer you are purchasing from if you can bring the buyer for your boat in and run the deal through the dealer. Doing it this way, you get more for your trade AND get the tax discount, the paper work is done correctly, and your dealer sells two boats. (The dealer will probably want to tack on a $100 or $200 to do the deal, but its worth it.... as long as your state does not prohibit transactions of this nature)

You get a sales tax credit most of the time on a private party sale as well. Just be sure to have a bill of sale.