PDA

View Full Version : Feel free to do some venting here!

kvand347
04-29-2012, 10:31 PM
Okay, so I wanted to start a thread where people can vent about any issues you have related to our boats/ boating in general.

Here goes for me: It has really "bugged" (only because we have to keep it clean) me that the month of March was on average warmer than April here in WI. I mean, c'mon mother nature! I literally re-winterized my boat 5 times already because she decides it's going to be 70* one day and then drop down to 26* at night. All I want to do is get my friggen butt out on the water and enjoy my new-to-me boat. What's a guy gotta do to get some warm weather? You Canadian boys can definitely relate to what I'm talking about (pronounced: a-boot)! ;)

I'm done...

What's your rant?

docdrs
04-30-2012, 01:42 AM
My season starts friday :)

Geary101
04-30-2012, 05:13 AM
although this year has been incredibly warm here in Centeal Florida, I cannot boat because the lake levels are so low I can't get the freakin' boat in the water.

Grrrrrr

Clermont, Fl
The Wakeboarding Capitol of the World... With No Water

kvand347
04-30-2012, 09:10 AM
My season starts friday :)

Bite me! :razz:

kvand347
04-30-2012, 09:11 AM
although this year has been incredibly warm here in Centeal Florida, I cannot boat because the lake levels are so low I can't get the freakin' boat in the water.

Grrrrrr

Clermont, Fl
The Wakeboarding Capitol of the World... With No Water

Now that sucks!!! That's way worse than my situation. At least I know I will be able to go boating...eventually. I see this week is supposed to get into the 70's, but of course they predict rain for each day. Thank you once again mother nature!!

wiatowski
04-30-2012, 12:43 PM
You Canadian boys can definitely relate to what I'm talking about (pronounced: a-boot)! ;)

People who think Canadians talk that way... or that there is snow here in August. It gets as hot here as it does in most places in the states... deal with it! You want to here people who talk funny? Go to Wisconsin, Minnesota or North Dakota... don'cha know! There no doot aboot it eh!? You hosers! :D Sorry forgot this was aboot boating.... BOAT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJE3EgTGg9k&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ic3xNfEP_o&feature=related

wspeedin
04-30-2012, 01:26 PM
What is hot to you? Because I highly doubt Canada ever touches 90*. In the summertime here in NC it doesnt get below 85* but itll get as hot as 105*. Plus, what makes it worst is the humidity. ugh. I love it :)

wiatowski
04-30-2012, 01:54 PM
What is hot to you? Because I highly doubt Canada ever touches 90*. In the summertime here in NC it doesn't get below 85* but it'll get as hot as 105*. Plus, what makes it worst is the humidity. ugh. I love it :)

Usually in south, central and eastern Ontario, around 95 - 98 will get a couple of weeks of 104,105... 75-80 at night...humidity is always a factor in Ontario cause there's so many lakes around, not to mention were surrounded by The Great Lakes. Just as hot as NC... just not as long. Most of us on the forum will get the same weather as Buffalo, or Detroit.

Jetlink
04-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Been in Toronto, Montreal, Quebec, Ottowa, and Moncton in the summer and been hot walking around. Now, Halifax and St. John's is a whole different story. Depending on the time of year you hit one of two seasons, Fog season from January-June and fog season from July-December...lol

My vent for the week is the weather here... It was nicer in March than in April. I am hoping the weather gets better by the end of the week so my buddy and I can get the dock in.

wspeedin
04-30-2012, 02:57 PM
WOW! I woulda never thought that it gets that hot up there. See....you do learn soemthing new everyday. lol. Well I know you have NC beat on the other end of the weather. It barely ever gets under 20*. I have lived here my whole life (27 years) and I could count the number of times it has snowed with two hands.

86 century
04-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Could be worse Indiana has a mix of all of the above.

No if it would warm up. Our lakes are on the low side from lack of snow this year but still able to get on them.

I made the mistake of drinking with a canadian and Australian had a hell of a time but damn.

mapleleaf
04-30-2012, 07:19 PM
hmmmm a venting thread....where to start???

wiatowski
04-30-2012, 07:24 PM
hmmmm a venting thread....where to start???
Think it should be renamed... All aboot Canada thread!! :D

mapleleaf
04-30-2012, 07:40 PM
right like eh, b,c,d,e...... with American cousins I've heard it all...Still love it when they ask me if I've got any ID.....Aboot what is usually my answer...

gogger
04-30-2012, 08:48 PM
I made the mistake of drinking with a guy from Indiana, saturday night. I had a great time too. But damn. My wife was ordering bottles of wine and I didn't notice. The check hurt.

I am going to rant that I have way too much to do to the boot before I can hit the water. Bilge pumps, blowers, stereo, trailer tires, carpet, reinstall all the interior, get a cover made. ughh....

kvand347
04-30-2012, 09:17 PM
wiatowski--fricken hilarous videos! Jim Carrey is my favorite comedian/actor.

It's funny you Canadian guys are going off about how people think you talk. I get that all the time when I go down to Chicago or Indianapolis. You pert near would think that we were from the same area ya der hay. How many of you guys park your boat and your car side by each? Well, I'm going to stop at the bar once der hay. Might stop at the bubbler first cause I'm pretty parched. O for da cry-yiy! I gots to go.

86 century
04-30-2012, 09:55 PM
wiatowski--fricken hilarous videos! Jim Carrey is my favorite comedian/actor.

It's funny you Canadian guys are going off about how people think you talk. I get that all the time when I go down to Chicago or Indianapolis. You pert near would think that we were from the same area ya der hay. How many of you guys park your boat and your car side by each? Well, I'm going to stop at the bar once der hay. Might stop at the bubbler first cause I'm pretty parched. O for da cry-yiy! I gots to go.

What?

Only thing I dont get is the "a" thing. I have a shoot buddy in thunder bay.
Im not saying all canadians are big drinkers only the ones I have run across.
This is all in fun dont get your wake all washed out.

This wonderfull indiana weather first warm day in 3 weeks and it rains most of the day.

wiatowski
05-01-2012, 12:01 AM
Gotta admit this is one heck of a rant thread! lol :)
All in good fun eh?!

Jetlink
05-01-2012, 01:45 AM
right like eh, b,c,d,e...... with American cousins I've heard it all...Still love it when they ask me if I've got any ID.....Aboot what is usually my answer...Sorry man, this is really funny to me because I am going back to the afternoon on Crystal and your buddies all talking hockey... You all start talking faster and the accent comes on strong, or maybe it was the beer that caused that... :p

kvand347
05-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Gotta admit this is one heck of a rant thread! lol :)
All in good fun eh?!

That's why I started it...just wanted to bring a little humor to the forum and see if anybody else had any complaints. Totally all for fun. As we 'sconsinites say...I was just joshing ya!

jet
05-01-2012, 12:58 PM
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is going on in this world. Why do I feel like im surrounded by STUPID people that cant even do there own job?? Even CEO's, CFO's, LARGE corporations, polititions, police investigators, judges, store owners, retail people, cats and dogs, and even Presidents!!! Of REALLY big countrys (usa excluded liability) lol I have to get on here everyday just to control my thoughts of ing everyone. My steering cable is not installed yet..did I steer off course??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZOKDmorj0

haugy
05-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Why is my profile locked out? I get it, some mod has boredom, but if you're going to mod in a pic of a chick over mine. Make it a good one.

Bkrobz
05-01-2012, 02:17 PM

Enough said.

ahyshka
05-01-2012, 03:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PibXO3VXHoM
Here in Alberta, it seems like everyone talks like this!

Jetlink
05-04-2012, 10:07 PM
So, either someone likes playing tricks or the Chinese are just really hard up for raw materials...who steals a boat lift? I mean, come on people, a boat lift for a ski boat went missing over the winter from the shore in front of my buddy's place.

86 century
05-05-2012, 08:58 AM
With the price of scrap not real shocking.
Someone gutted my aunts central air unit over the winter for the copper the police say it happens all the time.

mapleleaf
05-05-2012, 10:08 AM
So I have to confess, it was an old lift and scrap value would have been a factor I believe, However the damn thing work fine for say a boat like a Conbrio....It may get messy trying to have the family do an insurance claim, but regardless on Crystal Lake you need a lift! With my buddies pic's it looks like there may actually be 2 lifts missing.....Benzie county in MI is hard pressed in the off season, but this takes the cake....I'm a little bent about it and the hassle it's creating......

86 century
05-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Things a realy tight in my area there have been cars stollen just to scrap them.