PDA

View Full Version : '92 Sunsport in MN

homer
04-30-2012, 10:05 PM
Has anyone gone to take a look at this yet or noticed it on CL? Looks like a hell of a deal, but makes me wonder about the condition. It also looks like it just sits in the water.
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/boa/2975541102.html
Here are some pictures the guy emailed me.

michael hunter
05-01-2012, 01:18 AM
Looks like a all glass model . That's a steal at that price.

haugy
05-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Yep, all glass, and yeah it has a nice green tint to the bottom. :D

But it's pretty obvious the guy doesn't know what he has, 350 engine?, wants to trade for an aluminum fishing boat or PWC?

Yeah, someone go buy this gem quick.

homer
05-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Anyone in Minnesota care to check it out for me???? We could work something out to pay for gas or whatever. I'd go look but I'm in Indianapolis. Also, I'm curious to know what work the trailer needs since I need to drag it back 600 miles.

wotan2525
05-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Good deal (and looks like the all fiberglass model.) He's a little over an hour from me but if I have reason to go up there, I'll let you know.

homer
05-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Good deal (and looks like the all fiberglass model.) He's a little over an hour from me but if I have reason to go up there, I'll let you know.

thank you sir

DAFF
05-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Homer look into the trailer title for Mn to your state. Often Mn carries a title on the boat but not for the trailer.

Nice boat with a not so nice trailer.

homer
05-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Homer look into the trailer title for Mn to your state. Often Mn carries a title on the boat but not for the trailer.

Nice boat with a not so nice trailer.

DAFF, not sure I understand? You mean so I don't have to title the trailer if I bought it?

wotan2525
05-03-2012, 12:39 PM
MN does not title trailers. This can sometimes be a problem if you live in a state that requires a title in order to register your trailer.... It can be difficult to get them to issue one for a trailer you buy from a 3rd party.

My parents sold a boat that was originally from MN and the seller had all kinds of problems trying to get the trailer registered. YMMV.

BigCity444
05-03-2012, 01:34 PM
I bought mine from Wisconsin which also does not register trailers but IL does. I had to get the original bill of sale from the place of origin to prove to the state of IL the original sales tax was paid. Since the dealer closed and the owner had no copy to be found, I was contacting the county clerk for a bill of sale from a transaction 15 years ago.

If I couldn't find it, IL was attempting to make me pay the sales tax on the trailer as if it was new.

Total time from start to finish was 2 months. It can be done.

Jetlink
05-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Ditto, Kentucky is the same way, no title required for the trailer that the comp came on yet Illinois required one. The trailer was once titled in Illinois before it was sold to Kentucky so that complicated matter further. Ended up having to "create" a letter from the seller stating that the trailer did not require a title in Kentucky and therefore did not have one. Total time from start to finish, about 30 minutes while we had lunch...lol

homer
05-03-2012, 03:12 PM
I asked him if he'd separate the boat from the trailer and I just bring my own to get the boat, but he wouldn't separate. :(

Anyone in Minnesota care to look at it?

Jetlink
05-03-2012, 03:20 PM
That's a rather easy thing to accomplish then, buy the boat on the trailer and then sell the trailer on some bass boat/fishing boat forum...or Ebay that sucker...lol

86 century
05-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Trailers like that are easy to sell around here.

or worst case I had a guy give me 150 for one about like it that had been in a crash.