PDA

View Full Version : Wake Plate on an 86 ts6m/ No Hinge?

07-16-2005, 02:59 PM
Hi there,

I am a beginner at this kind of stuff and didnt even know about the wakeplate until i started reading these forums. Anyhow after doing a little research i went outside and thought about putting the plate all the way up (for wakeboarding) but when i tried i noticed that it is screwed directly into the bottom of the boat...

so does it just flex on its own?

am i going to break it?

is the best setting for wakeboarding all the way up? (its level with the bottom of the hull right now because the previous owner was an avid skier)

any help would be greatly appreciated

wakeboardlife
07-16-2005, 03:08 PM
whoops, i didnt know that the post wouldnt show up unless you were registered

anyway...

I recently stumbled upon this website and started reading about wakeplates. After a little research i figured it would be an easy way to make a better wake for boardin. Well wehn i went outside a short moment ago i found that the plate was screwed directly into the bottom of the hull with no hinge or anything. So my question is, would i be able to "flex" this plate without breaking it? Also would putting it up as far as it will go be the best thing for the wake.

Any help would on this would be greatly appreciated

DKJBama92Mariah
07-16-2005, 05:32 PM
Welcome to the board.

The plate will just flex as you adjust the screws, it wont hurt it. All the way up is the best position for boarding. However, it can cause you to porpoise some at high speeds. I dont see that as a problem though; these are ski boats, not speed boats.

Cheers,
DKJ

wakeboardlife
07-16-2005, 10:04 PM
thanx for the reply...

one more quick question, what exactly does it mean to "porpoise"??

DKJBama92Mariah
07-17-2005, 07:09 PM
Porpoising happens at high speeds. Pretty much, its a rythmic up and down motion of the bow of the boat. Basically, the boat tries to raise further out of the water and when it does, the weight just pushes it back down. It doesnt hurt anything, it can just be kind of annoying. The only time mine does it is at wide open throttle running about 49 mph. Its not a big deal because you should never run the boat wide open for more than a few minutes anyway.

Cheers,
DKJ