PDA

View Full Version : tough spot I'm in...

Tim405
05-02-2012, 08:10 PM
okay - here goes.
last fall - I swap a nice pickup for an interior/carpet job in our 05' 22SSV... it wasn't real bad - but would've needed done in a couple years... this guy I swapped has done my hotrod etc... he's a professional... good guy.
so.. he takes all the seats/panels etc and removes the vinyl to make patterns... he replaces my carpet - builds 2 amp racks... waiting to get the material in before he sews up the seatcovers and installs... in the meantime - his help - whom is no longer with him - has thrown away the old vinyl and the patterns... so - after breaking the news to me - he contacts skiers choice to purchase seatcover patterns - they wont sell to him - he's not a dealer blah blah - I get it...but they will sell the covers made by them but they need the hull # etc... and all that - he provides - and gives them a CC # and pays - I think he had to go thru a local dealer maybe that sells Skiers choice products etc... anyway - he's been getting put off forever by them - then alas! they say they'll ship last thursday and have a tracking # etc... I drag the boat back to him monday - now today, no covers have been shipped no tracking #- no phone calls to be answered by supra - just excuses... what do I do! we've missed several events already and also this weekends... anyone got anything for me? desperate and frustrated... i'm not real happy!

csuggs
05-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Yikes! You're in a pickle. I'm sure Skiers Choice is very busy, but the should at least respond to you. Have you talked to Anthony Cooper? I have his direct line if you want it.

DAFF
05-02-2012, 11:50 PM
I have watched my fair share of interior guys work thier magic. Not having the patterns is not the end of the world. Any good interior guy can make his own skins and design. So perhaps it is time to look at some newer boats for inspiration and new design ideas. Its not your fault his guys threw out your skins.

At least you will have a complee custom interior.

Tim405
05-03-2012, 08:55 AM
@csuggs - - - toss me that number perdy please! and thank you! - just drop it in my message box I guess...

Jon
05-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Give Anthony or I a call and we will get things figured out for you. 865-983-9924. My extension is 148 and Anthony's is 118. Thanks.

wotan2525
05-03-2012, 10:12 AM
Wow! SC is monitoring the boards now? This is great news!

csuggs
05-03-2012, 10:25 AM
Give Anthony or I a call and we will get things figured out for you. 865-983-9924. My extension is 148 and Anthony's is 118. Thanks.

Yep - that's it right there Tim. Thanks SC guys for taking care of this!!

Tim405
05-03-2012, 03:07 PM
tell you all what! I made one call this morning and learned more than the local dealer - the upholstery guy and everyone else combined!
I knew we were on our second Supra for a reason!
(I am pretty impressed - and that aint easy to do!)

suprasam
05-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Hmmmmm ok the suspense is killing me? Let me guess Supra, decided to give you all new interior on their dime because of the mix ups?

Tim405
05-03-2012, 04:17 PM
nope nothings free - just good info - dates - situations - good reasons etc... and of course all 2013 boats will have a "Timothy" edition - with a wrap of me on the sides... we're still working on the details of that...I'm having my people get with their people... but first I gotta get some peoples I guess!