PDA

View Full Version : Supra launch exploded view??

DAFF
05-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Not sure but is there a blue print of sorts for the hull.... Looking for a 2003 Supra Launch Gravety games edition. Or any pictures of the boat with the cap removed and stringers exposed.

The reason for asking is to better understand the frame work and build techniques with out tearing one appart. The floatation foam is not poured into the stringer cavities but seems to be a solid piece sitting in there. Does anyone know the typicial distance from the foam to the floor ??? I have a theory for mine and the extensive flex in the hull. I did some deep exporation and found no stringer delamination from the drilled inspection hole.

If a boat is supported by the nose and the rear lifting bolts do you think a boat would have some flex or deflection like a aeroplane wing. The hulls cant be super ridgid or they would shatter like glass ....

DAFF
05-05-2012, 12:56 PM
I've searched and found nothing. Perhaps the issue is that these boats never have to cracked open like the older wooden framed Supras. Any one have any connections ?? Somewhere there must be a schematic.

bens250ex
05-07-2012, 07:49 PM
I'd call supra and let them know what's goin on and tell them what you need .

wiatowski
05-07-2012, 08:08 PM
Does this help?
http://picasaweb.google.com/101444528102814367861/SkiersChoiceTour#5508665293063715762
pic # 19 shows the stringer placement.
#28 show stringer structure.... interesting.

DAFF
05-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Funny on how the foam is still sprayed into the hollow cavity stringer section. This is where I think mine had an issue from the impact from the past. The area where the soft area was (inspection hole) the foam had lost its adhesion from the hull of the boat. The impact created a soft area for the foam was pushed upwards and never returned into its orginial setting. So what I did was get a large can of low expansion foam and added a 5' hose to the end of the can. Placed the hose in the void and pulled the trigger pulling the hose out of the empty cavity and did my best to fill the soft spot. The next morning I inspected the soft area pushing upwards with my hand and guess what???? _ _ _ _ _ "like a rock". I got the glass out patched the inspection hole and took the boat out the next day........

Took the boat on a 4 hrs test lap growing more and more confident as the trip continued. When I returned I did a full inspection and everything looked just as it did before leaving. I still have some beautifying to complete on the underside but I think I will wait untill summers end. Did I mention my happy dance???

wiatowski
05-07-2012, 09:26 PM
sounds great.... saw the pics... mines still upon blocks, am hoping to finish this week and my tower was shipped out today... still will be a couple of weeks for me I think. :(