PDA

View Full Version : 87 Supra Saltare stinger rot

aadieseltech
05-09-2012, 10:41 AM
This is my First time posting on this forum, I have an 87 Saltare and two weeks ago i found out that my floor and stringers are rotted out. I was not happy about that so I started into it. I have read some of the stinger replacement forums and it has been very helpful, my Question is that has any of you guys looked into this web site http://www.preforms.com or have any of you used there construction? I Think it may be the way to go. I don't know. I think it maybe better than wood and a lot faster.

wotan2525
05-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Those look awesome and perfect for this job! How much do they cost?

Also -- it looks like they just replace the "woodworking" aspect of the stringer job. That's one of the easier parts. ;)

Salty87
05-09-2012, 10:57 AM
i looked into it and gave them a call. this was around 5 yrs ago and they didn't seem to want to support a DIY market. i couldn't get through the engineer-speak. they didn't seem to care about my 1 boat project. trying to decide what to buy looked impossible w/o some guidance.

stuff looks really cool though.

bmtsupra
05-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Would you glue the deck down to these? I wouldn't think sinking screws into those would hold very well.

aadieseltech
05-09-2012, 09:55 PM
I talked to them this morning and they were very nice, they want pics and measurements. Maybe there customer service got better. I plan on keeping it forever and make it last. Yea right its a boat I forgot.... haha. Well better than original. As for the deck screws I will have to find out and I also need to find out how to bolt down the engine aswell. I will keep this updated as I go on.

mr.jrc
05-09-2012, 10:25 PM
very interesting... keep us posted if you choose to go with this product. Looks like it could be a nice alternative in replacing the floor and stringers.

haugy
05-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Interesting. I'd like to know more about this as well.

Todd Rayer
06-06-2012, 04:21 PM
that system looks very easy compared to what i just went through. I love the Saltare it will be worth it whatever you do.. Actually selling my conbrio and looking for a project saltare so would love to here how your restoration went with this system if you decide to do it. email me at [email protected] easier to communicate

This is my First time posting on this forum, I have an 87 Saltare and two weeks ago i found out that my floor and stringers are rotted out. I was not happy about that so I started into it. I have read some of the stinger replacement forums and it has been very helpful, my Question is that has any of you guys looked into this web site http://www.preforms.com or have any of you used there construction? I Think it may be the way to go. I don't know. I think it maybe better than wood and a lot faster.

Salty87
06-06-2012, 04:35 PM
that system looks very easy compared to what i just went through. I love the Saltare it will be worth it whatever you do.. Actually selling my conbrio and looking for a project saltare so would love to here how your restoration went with this system if you decide to do it. email me at [email protected] easier to communicate

check the classifieds, one got posted there earlier today. great looking project candidate.