PDA

View Full Version : 750 bags with batteries

CornRickey
05-11-2012, 12:28 AM
I'm looking to upgrade my rear bags in my 03 22ssv. I have two batteries in the port and one in the starboard compartments. I'm wondering how the 750 bags will work with my setup without removing the front panels of the compartments. It seems that they will work fine from my searches but would like a last opinion prior to pulling the trigger. Thanks.

Sluggo
05-11-2012, 10:10 AM
I was just talking with Wakemakers and Spencer was saying for my 2005 22SSV that the 750's would be the best bang for the buck but would only fill to 600-650.

Do you plan to upgrade anything else in the balast system, or just the bags? Don't forget you will need to get the fill hose extensions if you are upgrading from a stock setup as the originals will most likely be too short.

I know my batteries get pretty warm at times, so not sure about how much contact those will make with where you propose to put the bags and any issues that could cause. Obviously you would want to make sure your batteries are very secure, no sharp edges, and would not get pushed around by the balast. Those bags are heavy and can push things around with a ton of force just as they are being filled not to mention when you hit a wake and try to shift.

CornRickey
05-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Your talking about the 50x22x22s right? My batts are all in boxes and secured so that's not a issue. Thanks for the heads up on the extensions.

Sluggo
05-11-2012, 12:06 PM
I was told they are 50x20x20's but yeah, probably same thing. I have read some guys are experiencing bent supports between the locker and engine compartment and cracked fiberglass from putting too much bag in these compartments and then over filling them. I thought we had the option of the 750 or 1100, but after reading some of the issues and the fact that we most likely can only get 600 lbs out of the 750's, I plan to go with 750's as well. I plan to install two more thru hull inlets and 1" hose with dedicated pumps. Still working on the details with wakemakers but hope to have everything finalized and installed in time for our big July trips.

CornRickey
05-28-2012, 01:36 PM
So I got the bags and was wondering which way you are orientating the bags. I was thinking having the fill/empty openings to the rear to help with empyting but its alot easer to have them forward. I also have two batteries in one compartment and one in the other so things will get a little tight in the rear when they are filled. Wondering what the popular thing to do is. thanks.

Sluggo
05-28-2012, 06:25 PM
I think the most popular thing is to keep the orientation so that you can minimize the distance to the drain pump. I also think you will have a slight tilt toward the rear to help with draining as much water as possisble out.

CornRickey
05-28-2012, 09:13 PM
That is what I was thinking but the fill and drain are on the same end. Also with the extra batteries the transom end of the bag will be jammed up so I'm thinking of keeping them at the front.

CornRickey
06-22-2012, 01:26 AM
So I have them installed and have cycles them through a couple times. I removed the panel that the shower hose goes through an I think they hold almost the total gallons. Maybe 4 or 5 gallons less. The whole compartment is full, any thing larger would be a waste of money.