PDA

View Full Version : Holly carb 4160 fuel line

Rusty
05-13-2012, 12:56 AM
Purchased a NEW holly carb 4160 for 87 saltare fr skidim. I want to keep the fuel line the same because it is easier.
The old set up has a banjo inlet fitting that has a spout on it, instead of the metal fitting going directly from fuel source into the carb. My new carb did not come with a banjo fitting- so I have had to hunt one down from an auto part store, who in
turn ordered it from the holly website. The part is labeled as 26-25, but it is way too small. Does anyone know what
size I need? The description of the one that was too small said it is a (5/16 inch hose) (9/16-24 thread). What other
sizes are there? Thanks in advance.

Rusty
05-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Ok... I'm canning the banjo idea and leaning back toward the metal fuel line...the problem to begin with was that the line is 4 inched too short. Someone Indicated to me that maybe it is short because that line is for a small block? Any
thoughts?

DAFF
05-13-2012, 11:49 PM
Bend up some brake line and add some flanges using a flaring kit. Custom work is always cheaper and usually in stock compared to the factory stuff. Plus you can paint the lines to match.

CornRickey
05-14-2012, 12:56 AM
Sounds like your mechanical. Go to the tool barn and get yourself a single flare kit a bender tubing and a couple flare nuts and you'll be set. You'll use it later sometime. Probably 70 bucks

86 century
05-14-2012, 02:13 AM
What they said

Autozone will loan you the tools if you dont think you will ever use them again.